Reload this Page >

St. Nicholas Bay hotel on Crete?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1st, 2002, 02:13 PM
Kimberly

Has anyone stayed at/heard about the St. Nicholas Bay hotel near Aghios Nikolaos? We're going to Crete for part of our honeymoon in April. The Elounda Mare is full, and the other Elounda properties are a little bigger than we'd prefer. I came across the St. Nicholas Bay and thought it might be nice. Can anyone confirm/deny that for me?

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 04:41 AM
Sue

Although this is not answering your question, I'm wondering if you have considered going to western Crete for your trip? We spent several days near Hania and then traveled to Aghios Nikolaos; for a taste of the authentic Crete I'd recommend the western area,which is less touristy. For example, all the radio music west of Heraklion was Cretan style; east of H. it became American rock and roll. Altho AN and Elounda are beautiful, we enjoyed the area around Hania more because it seemed like a different culture.

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 06:16 AM
Vick

Hey Sue,<BR><BR>We are going on a honeymoon in Crete in May and we were already planning to stay in Chania. What is the name of the hotel you stayed at? What was it like? How expensive?<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>Vick

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 06:53 AM
Sue

Actually, we rented an apt. in a little mountainous village, Megalia Chorafia, outside of Chania, thru Pure Crete, a company based in UK (we are Americans; made arrangements by fax); website is www.purecrete.com Our apt. was adequate, with a spectacular view of the sea, but not luxurious; don't know if you'd want to go this route for a honeymoon? For hotels, I guess I'd just use a number of guidebooks and see what sounds best, if no one responds to your post. Lodging and dining, especially, are quite reasonable in Greece and the islands. I did not see any really upscale hotels in western Crete, tho they may be there. Chania is a picturesque little harbor town. I think you will enjoy the area!

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 07:08 AM
ingrid

I'd also recommend the western coast. We stayed at Louis Creta Paradise Beach Resort (about 10 minutes west of Chania). Enjoyed it very much, but for a honeymoon you might be interested in something a bit more private/romantic.<BR>http://www.cretehotels.com/<BR>In any case, I think you'll love Crete. It's one my favorite places. Also, remember to visit the Samaria Gorge. There was a discussion about staying overnight in the gorge and thus experiencing it without the crowds.

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 02:29 PM
Rita

In Hania I would recommend the Casa Delfino. I stayed there a few years back and it was wonderful. The hotel is small and it is close to the harbour but away from the noise. Their website is www.casadelfino.com