Search

St. Malo Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4th, 1999, 08:05 PM
Deena

St. Malo Hotel

Has anyone ever stayed at the La Korringane Hotel in St. Malo? If yes, how were the rooms and how close is the hotel to the old city? Thanks! <BR>Deena

Old Dec 8th, 1999, 09:56 AM
Patrick

That had been our original first choice two years ago when we stayed in St. Malo for three nights, but we had a hard time getting a response back from them, and we too couldn't figure out exactly what their location was. Instead we stayed in the old city at Hotel de la Cite, where they promised us an upper room facing the water. It was wonderful -- even our bathroom had an incredible view, and as I recall it was the same price (or actually less) than La Korringane, which we never did see on all our walks, but must say, we weren't really looking for it. I do recall that we were very unimpressed with the whole strip of hotels along the "beach" going east away from the old city.

Old Dec 8th, 1999, 05:16 PM
Deena

Thanks for your response, Patrick! I, too, don't seem very impressed with the 'beach' hotels in St. Malo (after looking at the brochures). I'd much rather stay closer on in the old walled part of town. I appreciate your recommendation of the Hotel de la Cite. I've seen it written up and was considering it. Love that you had an ocean view room. Sounds like what we are looking for. Have you heard anything about the Elizabeth Hotel?

Old Dec 8th, 1999, 05:24 PM
Patrick

No. What more can I say?? <BR>

Old Dec 9th, 1999, 05:00 PM
Georgine

Deena, <BR> <BR>No-no-no--you don't want to stay at the Elizabeth Hotel. We made that mistake about 4 years ago. <BR> <BR>The exterior is very enchanting --grey, medevial stone on a narrow street in the center of the walled city. However, the rooms very poorly illuminated, and rather rundown for the price. I was very disappointed. Plus, you have no views whatever other than an interior courtyard or the street out front. <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Dec 15th, 1999, 11:22 AM
Deena

Thanks so much for your caution against satying at the Hotel Elizabeth, Georgine. Doesn't sound very nice. Looks like we will try the Hotel de la Cite!! <BR>Thanks, everyone!!