Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

St. Germain des pres,Claude Bernard,Millesime--Any Info on these Hotels??

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 9th, 2001, 05:18 AM
sandy

Thanks to anyone that can help.

Old May 9th, 2001, 10:27 AM
Jon

Sandy, <BR>There are several hotels that include "Saint Germain des Pres" in the name. I can vouch for Au Manoir SGdP and Hotel SGdP. Both are nice with great locations in the heart of the 6th. <BR>Have a great trip, <BR>j.

Old May 9th, 2001, 10:36 AM
JOdy

I have just booked in at the Millesime for Oct. Their website has several photos and it has gottten good reviews n this forum. It's a sister hotel to the D'Aubusson which is much more expensive. <BR> <BR>www.millesime.com

Old May 9th, 2001, 12:01 PM
JOdy

Sorry , <BR>I gave you the wrong web address. <BR>correct one is www.millesimehotel.com

Old May 9th, 2001, 01:08 PM
Ed

You should go to www.anamericaninparis.com for all kinds of hotel information. He has hundreds of hotels listed and reviews by people.

Old May 9th, 2001, 01:21 PM
Bob Brown

I stayed at the Acacias St. Germain on Rue de Rennes in the September of 1999. <BR>Last year I happily went elsewhere to a nicer place. The Acacias St. Germain beats sleeping in the train station, but it beats me how it ever got a 3 star rating. <BR>If you have any specific questions email me. But the answers are probably "No" and "Not really", and "Take it if that is all you can get." <BR> <BR>

Old May 9th, 2001, 01:26 PM
MEG

I am also booked at the Millesime in early September. I am perfectly comfortable with what I've heard about the hotel and area but would appreciate feedback from anyone who has stayed there. I understand it was renovated about 2 years ago and it's in a wonderful location.

Old May 9th, 2001, 03:40 PM
sandra

we just spent 15 nights at the hotel danube on rue jacob, 5 minute walk to rue buci and st germain. excellent service beautiful hotel and within walking distance to all. i think it deserves all 3 of it's stars street size hugh room with 2 beds and marble bath was 850ffr a night and it was a short walk to jazz clubs on rue benoit and the new louis vuitton.

Old May 10th, 2001, 11:09 AM
Sonia

Have stayed at the Millesime three times and sent literally a dozen friends there, all of whom were thoroughly delighted (as were we). Brilliant location in the heart of St. Germain, an easy walk to Jardins de Luxembourg, Louvre, Orsay. Minutes from two different Metro stations. Rooms range from small to very good sized (Millesime rooms). If you want a larger room you must very specically request a LARGE double or you will be unhappy. Staff was very accomodating, knowledgable and fluent in English.