Reload this Page >

Sports car fan in Italy

Search

Sports car fan in Italy

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1st, 1999, 06:01 PM
Trevor Griffiths

Sports car fan in Italy

My wife and I are travelling to Milan/Abruzzi/ and Rome in late August. I am a huge fan of sports and racing cars and would like to know of any collections or museums that are offering tours or viewings. <BR>I was also hoping to tour Monza and Imola race tracks. Any suggestions? <BR>Thanks <BR>Trevor and Zoie

Old Jul 4th, 1999, 04:34 AM
Rob

My wife and I were in Italy last year and made the trip to Turin to see the Biscaretti Museum and the Fiat Factory and Museum which in my opinion were both worthwhile. We just turned up to see both of these but we had to talk our way into the Fiat Factory, which is in the middle of Turin. Turin is an interesting city and worth a visit. We also went to Modena where the Ferrari factory is located. Visits have to be arranged and it is quite a distance from Modena so a car would be useful. The Alfa Romeo factory is Milan is worth a visit I believe; perhaps visit WWW.Alfaromeo.com for more information. It is the centenary of Fiat this year and so there are quite a few things on in Turin. <BR>Visit the WWW.fiat.com site. Good luck. <BR>

Old Jul 4th, 1999, 02:48 PM
Anne

Trevor, <BR> <BR>My husband and I were just in Italy in late April. We just happened to be there during the Imola Grand Prix so of course we had to go! It was fun but TOO many people. Italian Ferrari fans get wild! Anyway, we also made it to the Ferrari Gallery in Modena. It was definitely worthwhile and we made no prior arrangements, just went it. You can get there by train and then take a taxi or bus to the museum. The Ferrari factory only allows Ferrari owners to tour their factory, but the museum was great. Have fun!

Old May 23rd, 2001, 11:56 AM
xxx

to the top <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old May 23rd, 2001, 01:29 PM
Susan

During my research for our upcoming trip to Italy I found a website that might be of interest to you: <BR> <BR>www.zephyrus.it <BR> <BR>They rent vintage Italian sports cars for touring around Italy and I believe they are a wealth of information on car museums, collections and race tracks. Have fun!

Old May 23rd, 2001, 05:29 PM
Rex

Susan: <BR> <BR>This is so so SO SO awesome!!! <BR> <BR>Thank you SO much! <BR> <BR>Rex <BR>