Reload this Page >

The Ritz or Claridge's - Please help!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 06:54 AM
Thomas

Which of the above establishments should I go for? I know that many people have said that they are stuffy, but it has to one of these hotels. Accommodation is a Junior suite in both. Which hotel is the most impressive (interior).<BR>Many thanks for your help!

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 07:29 AM
kate

I like Claridges.

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 07:45 AM
red

Save your money and stay somewhere else...a bed is a bed and just because you pay buku pounds to stay in these stuffy places won't mean you sleep any better. Go to a smaller less expensive hotel and use the savings for some great sightseeing or meals.....these hotels are overpriced ripoffs.

Old Apr 5th, 2002, 07:46 AM
janis

I would not call either "stuffy" - just very high class and with impecable service. Even when I am just walking in to check on availability of tea or something and obviously not staying there everyone is friendly and helpful - but certainly not "chummy". Both have a high employee to guest ratio and can take care of any situation.<BR><BR>If I had to choose one it might be Claridges. But I love the location of the Ritz right on Green Park - <BR><BR>You probably can't go wrong whichever you choose.

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 04:42 AM
bob

Both hotels are on par - toss a coin!