Search

Spas in Italy

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 10:45 AM
Robin

Spas in Italy

Hello: <BR> <BR>Would like to take my daughter on a bike trip in Italy and then to a spa. Anyone have any experience at any spas in Italy - Tuscany or Umbria? Thank you. <BR> <BR>Robin

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 10:52 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Robin, Search and find the Hotel Posta Marcucci in Bagno Vignoni. This is a great natural area about :45 south of Siena and near Montalcino and Pienza. <BR>I was there in April.

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 10:54 AM
John

Montecatini Terme is the spa capital of Italy it is about 50 minutes outside of Florence, good location for a home base to explore other areas check out hotel CROCE Di MALTA, Montecatini Terme they also have bike to rent

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 04:03 PM
francisco

I have been at Abano Terme, about 60km from Venice and 5km from Padova.you have about 100 hotels you can choose

Old Oct 14th, 2001, 07:13 PM
looking to relax

Anyone else been to a spa this year?

Old Oct 14th, 2001, 07:50 PM
xxx

This is a little off topic, but did we ever get a report from the woman who went to the Hamman in Paris? I'm very interested!

Old Oct 14th, 2001, 08:26 PM
looking to relax

======== RE: DIGRESSION. Found these from a search on 'Hamman', xxx. <BR> <BR>Just for fun in Paris - Has anyone had a facial or spa experience there? <BR> <BR>Author: tina () <BR>Date: 2/17/2001, 11:18 pm ET <BR> <BR>Message: You can have an experience not to be found anywhere in the US at the Hamman at the Paris Mosquee. Near Lux gardens. This is a turkish bath of the classic style with an exfoliation (gommage) and massage. Very little english is spoken but don't let that stop you. It is very inexpensive. <BR> <BR>------------------------------------------------------------------------------- <BR>------------------------------------------------------------------------------- <BR> <BR>Hamman in Paris <BR> <BR>Author: catherine <BR>Date: 2/08/1999, 1:09 pm ET <BR> <BR>Message: Has anyone been to the hamman at the Paris mosque?I read an item about it and it sounded great.I thought it might be good for a great massage,but I don't want any funny buisness! <BR> <BR>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- <BR> <BR>Author: tina <BR>Date: 2/08/1999, 7:34 pm ET <BR> <BR>Message: I am planning to visit when I am in Paris in March. I am assuming with the stringent attitudes of the Muslims re: gender and sex and cleanliness that it will be a very safe and soulful experience. Has anyone experienced this firsthand? <BR> <BR>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- <BR> <BR>Author: Vincent () <BR>Date: 2/09/1999, 4:30 am ET <BR> <BR>Message: You have to check, since there are days especially for women. If you are talking about "funny business", it shows that you have never been near a mosque, since those places are not particularly keen on "funny business". However, no worry, it is a very religious place, everything is utterly correct. Moreover, the mosque itself is very pleasant, with a charming café (outside the hammam) where you can drink mint tea in a relaxing atmosphere. <BR> <BR>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- <BR> <BR>Author: Joan () <BR>Date: 2/10/1999, 5:46 pm ET <BR> <BR>Message: I,ve been to the Mosque and it's wonderful!! You have to go on a day when it's just for women. In the main room are lots of cots with shelves above all centered around a big fountain where the women cool their oranges to nibble on. The atmosphere is out of old Turkey and the steam rooms are white marble. They get hotter as you progress. You can hang out wherever you like. Some Moslem women cover their bodies with henna mud!! It's very clean, full of charm and fun. The cafe is great after your visit. <BR> <BR>-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- <BR> <BR>Author: catherine () <BR>Date: 2/10/1999, 6:32 pm ET <BR> <BR>Message: <BR>Vincent, you are right. I have never been near a mosque, but I bet the moslems like a bit of funny business like anyone else! Joan did you wear a bathing suit or are people naked? Did you have a massage? Do you take your own oranges? Sorry for all the questions. <BR> <BR>

Old Oct 17th, 2001, 08:39 AM
Kelly

Has anyone stayed at Hotel Minerva in the spa town of Chianciano Terme? I'd appreciate any comments. Thanks. Kelly

Old Oct 17th, 2001, 11:01 AM
Surlok

Robin, <BR> <BR>I haven't been there, but heard wonders ofÇ <BR> <BR>http://www.dolcevita.com/travel/terme/t3foto.htm <BR> <BR>It's in Tuscany. Otherwise, there's a wonderful, recently open hotel in Rome that does have a spa. It's right at Piazza del Popolo, and lately, the trendiest hotel in town: <BR> <BR>http://www.roccofortehotels.com/ital..._derussie.html <BR> <BR>Regards, <BR> <BR>Surlok <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Oct 17th, 2001, 02:17 PM
sandi

I stayed in Bagno Vignoni in 1999. It's really beautiful. We stayed at the hotel La Terme (?), only because the nicer hotel Posta Marcucci was full...we had no reservations. I found a nice black & white photo just now of the city (very small town). You'll see the incredible Roman baths in the foreground that still steam. <BR>http://members.xoom.it/Pakolandia/foto20.htm <BR>

Old Oct 17th, 2001, 02:19 PM
sandi

Here's another link that has names of other spas. <BR> <BR>http://www.knowital.com/properties/s...loggiato5.html

Old Oct 17th, 2001, 09:59 PM
Brad

On our last Italy trip we met a couple who were going to stay at that Hotel Minerva mentioned earlier in this thread. We often wondered how it turned out. Anyone know anything about it? Good? Bad? Grazie.

Old Oct 19th, 2001, 05:45 AM
tom

I am going to the Amalfi coast next week and my wife is looking for a day spa of some sort. A hotel or beauty farm anything like that--suggestions, ideas??

Old Oct 19th, 2001, 07:58 AM
a--z

Don't know what's on Amalfi Coast. There is Ischia, an island accessible by ferry from Naples that's known for it's thermal baths. However I think their treatments may be more focused towards several days' worth, rather than a single day spa experience.