Reload this Page >

Spanish terms for "P**s off"

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3rd, 2002, 01:52 AM
mike B.

Can any one provide a couple of usefull and descriptive terms to use on people who annoy you or are a bit confronting. I have found that if you can tell a dickhead to piss off in his own language its much more effective !

Old Feb 3rd, 2002, 05:30 AM
hehe

Don't worry Mike, with your attitude you'll find out soon enough! Just pay attention when people talk to you.

Old Feb 3rd, 2002, 06:15 AM
Leo

Even if I don't know the language I pretend I'm German. That usually does the trick.

Old Feb 3rd, 2002, 08:22 AM
Carmen

Mike, why starting a trip with such a negative attitude? Do people annoy you so much in your country too? Remember, when you behave nicely and politely you're usually treated the same way. Relax and smile!

Old Feb 3rd, 2002, 09:05 AM
MrsWilson

I would be very reticent about being rude to anyone in a foreign country... could get you into a lot of trouble.

Old Feb 3rd, 2002, 09:09 AM
Ms.Manners

I am with Mrs. Wilson on this one. Nuff said.

Old Feb 3rd, 2002, 11:04 AM
Al

In Spain, simply say "via" emphatically and with a hissing sound.

Old Feb 3rd, 2002, 03:22 PM
pancho

Váyase!!!!

Old Feb 3rd, 2002, 03:24 PM
Carolyn

¡Vete ya! ¡Lárgate!

Old Feb 3rd, 2002, 03:38 PM
Marcy

I agree with Leo. When someone is truly bothersome and rude to me, I become a German. Fortunately, I speak some German. It is amazing to see the reaction. They totally lose interest in bothering me and go away. Yes, yes, I am always polite and aware of local customs, but there are ...... in every country. It is especially important for women traveling alone to know how to be firm and repel potential problems. If I was simply sweet and pleasant to the ........, the idiot could ruin an entire evening. But, when I say bad words in German, they are history.