Reload this Page >

Spanish beer ????

Search

Spanish beer ????

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 09:20 PM
marko

Spanish beer ????

As I am an Australian I love beer, can anyone recommend a good drop in Spain ??

Old May 1st, 2002, 12:34 AM
Jose

Most of the Spanish beers are 'lager' ones.<BR>The best for most of us is Mahou (there are several kinds os Mahous so you would ask for "Mahou 5 estrellas", the best one)

Old May 1st, 2002, 06:21 AM
cooter

Yes, they are light lagers, and somewhat sweet. Nice when it's hot.<BR>I like Mahou, but my favorites are Estrella Galicia and Cruzcampos.<BR><BR>Most bars in Spain do not have a huge amount on tap. If you want a draft ask for a "ca&ntilde;a". Otherwise, ask for a bottled beer by name.

Old May 1st, 2002, 09:19 AM
Maribel

marko,<BR>Another vote for Mahou.<BR>When in Madrid, go to the always packed to the gills Taberna "Bar Dolores" on Plaza de Jesus at the corner of Lope de Vega, below the Plaza Santa Ana in Old Madrid, behind the Westin Palace hotel. <BR>They're known for serving the "best" draft beer in town and also serve nice smoked salmon canapes.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 02:04 AM
marko

Do they brew any darker ,heavier beers ??

Old May 2nd, 2002, 04:11 AM
Alun John

Hi<BR><BR>In Plaza Santa Ana, Madrid you will find a bar which I think is called Naturbier - it brews its own beer and comes in both 'blonde' and 'toasted' varieties - good food, too. By the way the bars in this area are great on a Friday or Saturday night.<BR><BR>Alun