Spain Trip Report - 9-10 days

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13th, 2022, 09:47 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We just returned from a nine-day trip to Spain. We traveled to Madrid, Granada, Cordoba, Seville, and Barcelona. Here is my itinerary. We arrived in Madrid and returned from Barcelona. We used high-speed trains to travel between other cities. We booked all attraction tickets in advance.

Day 1: We arrived in the morning and later visited Plaza Mayor, Saint Michael Market, Royal Palace of Madrid, Cathedral, the temple of Debod, and Puerta del sol.

Day 2: The following day we visited El Retiro Park, Puerta de Alcala, and Prado Museum. If you have more time and art lover you can also see the other two museums.

Day 3: We took the high-speed train to Granada. In the afternoon we visited Albaicin and Sacromonte area. Saint Nicolas's point had nice views of the Alhambra.

Day 4: Today we visited the city center in the morning and Alhambra in the afternoon including Nasrid palace, Charles Palace, Alcazaba, and Generalife

Day 5: We traveled to Cordoba and visited the old city and Mosquita. We returned to Seville in the evening.

Day 6: In Seville, we visited the city center including Plaza de Espana, the cathedral and Real Alcazar

Day 7: We traveled to Barcelona in the morning and in the evening we visited the historic center including the gothic quarter and the cathedral

Day 8: Today was the day for Gaudi artichecture including Park Guell and Sagrada Familia

Day 9: On the last day we visited Casa Balto and the example area. We had the flight back home in the evening.

For more details and pictures you can visit indiancoupletravels.com
Old Jul 14th, 2022, 10:54 AM

Thanks .. this is very useful.
We are taking a trip in August - flying in and out of Barcelona. So I need to create itinerary which will bring us back to Barcelona.

From Madrid to Granada you took a high speed train.
​​​​​​​
Can you share information about your travel from
Granada -> Cordoba -> Seville -> Barcelona
Old Jul 14th, 2022, 04:21 PM
Original Poster

Hi bimalpatel,
We took high speed trains between all the cities. You can book your train tickets on renfe.com website. For the trip in August you need to book the train tickets asap.
If you go to www.indiancoupletravels.com, I have the trip in much more detail and it can answer all the questions you might have.
Thanks
Old Jul 14th, 2022, 06:31 PM
Forum Moderator

We added Trip Report and Spain tags to your thread
Old Jul 15th, 2022, 12:15 AM

Fast trip, but looks as if you had everything really well planned. This will be very helpful to others with a short time to plan their trips. Thank you for posting.
Old Jul 15th, 2022, 03:32 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, Moderator1. After posting, I realized I had forgotten the tags but could not edit.
Old Jul 15th, 2022, 03:33 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Sassafrass.
Old Jul 22nd, 2022, 04:26 PM

Thanks very much - your detailed trip report is very helpful.
Would you be able to share hotel information please at each location please ?
Thx in advance.