Spain Trip Report

Search

Spain Trip Report

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2003, 06:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spain Trip Report

Spent the last 2 weeks of June 2003 in Spain. Felt our itinerary was nearly perfect, except for wanting another day in Cordoba. Hotels and highlights are listed below, for more info on cities/villages, search for trip reports by individual city names (i.e. Madrid trip report).

Europcar rental 11 days/$278 including CDW @ aspectcarrental.com

Madrid 2 nights Hotel Carlos V 100 Euros @ bestwestern.com great location & service. Highlights - Pub tour, Royal Palace,Madrid Vision bus tour, Plaza Mayor, Mercato

Granada 3 nights Hotel Triunfo 68 Euros @ hotelclub.net good location, very nice place. Overall felt that Granada may be under appreciated, we really loved this city! Highlights Alhambra, Albaicin, Plaza Bib Rambla

Vejer de la Frontera 1 night Casa de Calife 95 Euros @ vejer.com very atmospheric! Most beautiful white hill town.

Jerez Dancing Andalusian Horses show very worthwhile

Arcos de la Frontera 2 nights El Convento 78 Euros @ elconvento.com excellent views, best service.Charming white hill village with very friendly residents! Highlights- Horseback riding through valley

Seville 3 nights Tryp Macarena 50 Euros @ solmelia.com great but not central. Highlights Cathedral, Alcazar, Horse drawn carriage ride, flamenco

Codoba 1 night Macia Alfaros 59 Euros @ travelnow.com very atmospheric. Mezquita was awesome!

Madrid 1 night
Old Jul 20th, 2003, 03:48 PM
SRS

All your trip reports are great! We are planning to go to Spain in March and found your reports very helpful! Thank you!
Old Jul 20th, 2003, 05:09 PM

and I agree with SRS! I appreciate the time you took and especially all the detail in each individual post. I'm sure that many people have read them and have learned some things that will make their next trip to spain even better.
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 06:24 AM
KY

@worldexplorer. The information is really useful for my coming trip to Spain. One question to ask about car rental. Did you arrange it before you leave your home country, or you just rent it at the airport. Thanks.
Old Jul 22nd, 2003, 07:30 PM
Original Poster

We arranged the car rental in advance. From what I've read on the board, it's almost always advantageous to do so.