Search

Spain Rental Car Personal Liability Insurance

Search this Thread

Old May 13th, 2023, 12:22 PM
moo
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spain Rental Car Personal Liability Insurance

We are renting a car in Spain this summer and I am a bit confused regarding Rental Car insurance. My credit card covers CDW and I have supplemental Trip insurance through Allianz which will cover any other damage to my car if I get into an accident. But what about Personal Liability insurance? The Allianz policy will cover any trip hospitalizations so I think if I need hospitalization due to an accident I will be covered. But what insurance covers anyone who may be injured by me outside of my rental car? I cannot get a straight answer from any rental companies regarding how to get coverage for bodily injury. I may have read something that says in Spain, personal liability (injury to someone outside of my car) is covered in the cost of the rental. Can anyone clarify what is covered for bodily injury in Spain if I were to get into an accident?
Old May 13th, 2023, 12:31 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Liability Insurance is mandatory and included in the rental rate
Old May 13th, 2023, 12:51 PM

As in the rest of Europe third party (liability) insurance is compulsory for all motor vehicles, so included in the rental price.
Old May 13th, 2023, 01:18 PM
moo
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies. I should have asked on this forum first! So to clarify, if my credit card covers CDW and my other Allianz insurance covers all of the potential car damage for the rest of the car should an accident occur, I should decline all other insurance at the counter and book just a basic rate without any other insurance?