Reload this Page >

Spain or Portugal

Search

Spain or Portugal

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4th, 2000, 06:30 PM
Denise

Spain or Portugal

What is the vote? The area around Seville Spain for a week or Portugal for a week? <BR>Any advice would be much appreciated. This will be in October after 2.5 weeks in France. regards <BR>

Old Feb 4th, 2000, 07:17 PM
Kathy

We were to both Spain & Portugal last <BR>June. Both were wonderful,but we prefer <BR>Portugal. The people were more friendly. <BR>We esp. liked the midieval town of Obidos, and Salamanca. Oh,the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame are wonderful,enjoy your holiday.

Old Feb 4th, 2000, 08:01 PM
Cheryl Z.

<BR>Can you spare a couple extra days and try to see some of both countries?? If not, I guess I'd suggest Portugal, mainly the Estoril Coast and Lisbon area. We were in both countries last spring and enjoyed both, but did prefer Portugal.

Old Feb 5th, 2000, 08:30 PM
julie

Having travelled extensively in both, I would need to vote for Portugal, where I am heading soon. Go to Evora, Obidos, Sintra, and down the coast to Lisbon, then on, if you have time, to the Algarve, where they have the most beautiful beaches in the world. I say this because I think that Portugal is a little bit more "user friendly", more english spoken, better roads, on the whole, and a little more gentifried. However, this was my impression, and I simply loved the north of Spain, one of my favorite trips. Portugal (As well as Spain) have a great deal of variety in culture and terrain, for such small countries. I think that I enjoyed Portugal more.

Old Feb 6th, 2000, 07:30 AM
diane

I'd like some info about the Bullet train from Madrid to Malaga

Old Feb 6th, 2000, 07:52 AM
Maribel

Diane, <BR>The high speed train, T200, from Madrid (Puerta de Atocha station) to Malaga makes a stop in Cordoba and Bobadilla and takes 4 1/2 hrs. The off peak ("llano") departures make 4 other stops along the way. You can also continue from Malaga to Torremolinos and Fuengirola. You can see the current schedules at www.renfe.es <BR>There are 2 classes of tickets-"turista" and "preferente". With a "preferente" ticket a meal is included plus access to the AVE club lounge in Atocha station. <BR>Hope this is helpful.

Old Feb 9th, 2000, 09:58 AM
Alice

I also vote for Portugal. Stayed several days in Lisbon and absolutely loved it. The Estoril coast is beautiful and the whole country personifies what I always thought Europe was about: clean, quaint, picturesque. We walked all over Lisbon one night after dinner and felt perfectly safe. <BR> <BR>We have also toured southern Spain and I loved it, too, especially Seville. I found Spain much cleaner and more beautiful than Mexico (which I also love) and realized I should never compare one country to another.

Old Feb 9th, 2000, 02:24 PM
prefer

LOVED SPAIN. HATED PORTUGAL. THOUGHT SINTRA SUCKED.