Reload this Page >

Spain itinerary for October

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26th, 2001, 07:35 AM
Tammy

After searching for the best airfare, finally took the plunge and bought airline tickets for Spain! We leave in October for 10 days. Here’s my itinerary, let me know your thoughts. <BR> <BR>1ST day: Arrive in Madrid in the morning. <BR>2nd day: Train from Madrid to Seville <BR>3rd day: Seville <BR>4th day: Rent car and drive to Granada <BR>5th day: Granada <BR>6th day: Drive from Granada to Ronda <BR>7th day: Drive to Seville and take train back to Madrid <BR>8th day: Day trip to Toledo <BR>9th day: Madrid <BR>10th day: Leave for Home <BR> <BR>I’ll be making hotel reservations with the next few days using the fax. When faxing, do you go ahead and include your credit card number or do you wait until they confirm they have availability? <BR> <BR>Thanks any thoughts and suggestions are appreciated! <BR> <BR>Tammy <BR>

Old Apr 26th, 2001, 07:46 AM
Art

Hi Tammy, sounds like a neat trip. I did something simular last year. Re reservations, Is there any way that you could reserve on-line. I'm somewhat skeptical re putting my CC info on a fax. I perfer a scure server. <BR>Have you looked into flying into Seville from Madres. You wouldn't have to rush from the airport to the train station and I don't think there is much difference in price. Going back on the train if fine as you'll be staying in Madrid. Toledo is great but if you have the time a trip to Segovia would be very worthwhile. <BR>Have a great trip. <BR>Art <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Apr 26th, 2001, 08:16 AM
Mariarosa

Hi Tammy! I think the itinerary looks great! The only thing I may add is to try on Day 7 to make a quick stop in Cordoba (on the fast AVE line from Sevilla to Madrid) for half a day to see the Mezquita and to walk around the jewish quarter. I thought Cordoba was very charming, and while it does not have as much to offer as Granada or Sevilla, it is still an interesting town. I don't recall if there's any luggage storage in the Cordoba train station. If there isn't, maybe you can get your car rental for pick-up in Sevilla and drop-off in Cordoba, and on day seven drive back to Cordoba, see a bit of the town, and then hop on the AVE back to Madrid. <BR> <BR>Regarding faxing reservations, I would wait for them to confirm availability and to offer you a room before sending your credit card information. You want to make sure that they have a room available that suits your needs (e.g., you may want a room with en-suite bathroom or a certain view, etc). <BR> <BR>We loved Ronda too. If you are sleeping in Ronda, I can recommend the Hotel Don Miguel. We had a plain but nice room, with spotless new bathroom with tub and a view of the gorge (our room's full-length doors opened to the gorge) for about $65 in March '00. The Parador is nearby and has gorge views too. We made reservations for other paradores (Jaen and Trujillo) through www.hotelsearch.com and it went flawlessly. <BR> <BR>Enjoy!

Old Apr 26th, 2001, 08:27 AM
Olga

I second all these suggestions. Cordoba is definitely worth a visit, and Segovia, too. Flying into Sevilla will give you more time and won't be more expensive. We flew from Madrid to Barcelona last year instead of train and it was cheaper and faster. <BR>A agree about hotel San Miguel in Ronda - it nice and clean, great view! <BR> <BR>You will love Spain!

Old Apr 26th, 2001, 09:00 AM
steve

Tammy, is there something here I don't understand?? Why are you driving back to Sevilla to take the train back to Madrid. Instead of backtracking, why don't you start by visiting Sevilla (I was just there for 3 days and loved every minute) drive from there to Ronda, from Ronda to Granada, and from Granada, take the train back to Madrid, or drive to Cordoba and take it from there. <BR> <BR>In Ronda, we enjoyed the San Gabriel Hotel very much. <BR>

Old Apr 26th, 2001, 11:04 AM
Tammy

Thanks for the responses, I'm feeling a lot better now about my plans. Steve, great suggestion about going from Seville to Ronda to Granada and then to Cordoba, I hadn't thought of that scenario at all. <BR> <BR>Also, thanks to all about the hotel suggestions for Ronda. I have been thinking about the Hotel Don Miguel. <BR> <BR>I too am a bit leary about putting my cc# on a fax reservation. If the hotel has email I prefer that, otherwise, looks like I'll go with the faxing of the reservation request first, then send them my cc#. <BR> <BR>Thanks to all!