SPAIN IS A DANGER! READ AND HEED!!!

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 06:42 AM
worried

SPAIN IS A DANGER! READ AND HEED!!!

Yesterday Basque terrorists planted a large bomb that was luckily found and disarmed. It was aimed at TOURISTS and would have killed many people. For complete details follow the links below (first one is story on bomb)

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/0,...255636,00.html

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/0,...260021,00.html

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 07:31 AM
Maira

Scary and sad indeed. ETA typically warns ahead of time when civilians could be in the way of danger (as if this would make things better....) and they forewarned in March that come holiday (Jul-Aug) season they were going to target beach resorts. This car bomb was next to the rental cars garage at the Malaga Airport.

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 09:05 AM
CoorsLight

Yes indeed!
Spain is a very dangerous country. Tourists are just starting to realize this. It is better to travel to other countries in Europe.

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 09:35 AM
Laura

It is sad that something like this should happen in Spain, but I totally disagree with the above posting that Spain is too dangerous and you should go to other parts of Europe. I was just there for two weeks in June and I came out alive. I will go back there in a heart beat if I could! Anyone who is thinking of going should not make something like this change their minds, and miss all the beautiful things that it has to offer.

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 10:25 AM
xx

The reality is we all have more chance of being in an accident on the way to the airport, than we have of being caught in a bomb explosion. There is nowhere safe on this earth (not even our own homes!) so should we all stay at home? This scaremongering benefits no-one! By the way the bomb in Barcelona was actually aimed at a political figure not tourists-watch the latest Euronews update!

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 11:38 AM
Simon

The same devistation happens in our own countries! This coorslight fellow needs to get off his drunken bigoted arse and tune in to his local tele station!

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 12:41 PM
Micaela

WORRIED.... YOU ARE A DANGER TO THE REST OF US!! RUN... SEEK HELP IMMEDIATELY!!!

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 01:11 PM
Pollyanna

Don't worry. Be happy. Just be sure to get lots of insurance.(A tip: don't tell the insurance company where you're going. They might raise your rates.)
I'm sure its all less dangerous than driving at home.
I'm already very familiar with all of these dangers. I am a very street wise suburbanite. You know: All of those bombings directed at tourists here in the US. How unsafe it is a places like Disneyland. All of those gypsy pickpockets you have to deal with when you go to your local mall or church. Of course, I use my money belt whenever I leave the house here in hometown USA. And then there's those Albanians that keep sneaking into my bedroom at night to steal my car keys. And the buses and Bart trains. Oh..it goes on and on.

Please don't warn me of any dangers. I don't want to know. I just want to be joyous and happy. I only want to see the nice pretty things on my trip like you see on the travelogs.
My wife is with me on this. She's just hoping to collect the insurance.

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 01:18 PM
Micaela

Oh my.... please. We (here in Spain) are better off without you. Please restrict your travel to the mall and the farm.

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 02:23 PM
xxx

topper top top

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 02:45 PM
Paul

Dear friends, haven't you realized by now, that all of these degrading and bigoted post against Spain are by the same person "Robert". He was recently busted, and is no longer using his name. If you have been reading other threads, you will see that this sick individual has a deep hatred of Spain, Greece and Turkey, as he has stated hundreds of times throughout the months. He needs immediate psychological therapy, before he really hurts someone. If, he hasn't already. Please ignore his miserable posts! Spain really is a lovely country. I am saddened by what these terrorists are doing. But, it will not stop my family or I from visiting!

Old Jul 27th, 2001, 03:05 PM
Marlie

I think our friend "worried sick"/"Robert"/"CoorsLight" is in fact responsible for the bomb in Spain.

M

Old Jul 28th, 2001, 12:17 AM
frank

More bullshit posts from ETA sympathisers.
Why don't you just go to the park & try to scare some children.Only watch out for my little sister, she's scarier than you are.

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 12:11 PM
Brent

I just returned from a 3 week trip to Spain without incedent. 5 days in Madrid, 4 in Barcelona and the mountains for a week. I even fit Lisbon in for 3 days. Not only did I not have any problems I didn't see anyone else either. Now that doesn't mean there aren't any problems but I don't think people should generalize the whole of Spain for a few problems. Just as in any big city anywhere in the world you should always be aware of your surrounding and don't do dumb tourist things like walk down the street head buried in a map, etc. I was in Spain when some of these bomb findings happened and I really didn't pay much attention to it other than to read the article or listen to the news story just like any other. There's just as many wacko's here in the states as anywhere else. I say go and enjoy everything that beautiful Spain has to offer.

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 12:58 PM
Tom

Spain is a beautiful country. I especially enjoy its people, cuisine and nightlife. And let me not forget its wonderful museums, palaces, cathedrals, villages and beaches. I have wonderful memories from my recent trip, to last me till I return this Christmas. Enjoy everything that this lovely country has to offer. I love Spain, and so will you.

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 01:09 PM
Myer

The last 2 posts should be under their own threads. Not promoting this one!!

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 01:20 PM
Paul

Worried-sick, you're such a knucklehead! Anal-retentive scarrycats, as yourself, need to stay home! Viva Espana!!!

Old Aug 8th, 2001, 05:07 PM
Charlotte

"All of those gypsy pickpockets you have to deal with when you go to your local mall or church..."

Pollyanna, I understand your point, but can't you please make it without being grossly racist? Thanks.

Old Aug 10th, 2001, 07:00 PM
Melodie

I think I've finally figured this out....this poster is actually.....DRUM ROLL....RICK STEVES...yes, folks, Rick Steves really doesn't like Spain either...think about it..have we ever seen this Robert person and Rick Steves together? I think not....talk amongst yourselves

Melodie
<off to Spain on 9/20

Old Aug 11th, 2001, 04:34 AM
j

Spain. What's that?

Joao (in Lisbon)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -