Reload this Page >

spain info and help please

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 05:52 AM
travelling

I will have approximately 15-16 days to spend in Spain. I have "free" accommodations for a week in Costa Dorada near Tarragona. Any suggestions as to what to do with the rest of the time? Should I make my Barcelona touring part of the trip combined with my Tarragona stay or should I check in to a place in Barcelona for a few days? Then what about the rest of the time? I'm more interested in the andalucia area than I am Madrid but do I have enough time? What airport is the "cheapest" to fly into? I'm thinking Barcelona would be the most convenient..Would I rent a car for the week in Tarragona and then rent another car for a week if I go to Andalucia - would I fly in and out of Adalucia and if so, from Barcelona to where? I'm having a hard time putting this together and would really appreciate any helpful suggestions, planning advice from you. Thankyou.

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 09:55 AM
helphim

ttt

Old Mar 25th, 2002, 10:17 AM
Perla

I would highly recommend Seville, it's gracious and beautiful. I flew into Madrid and flew out of Barcelona--no additional cost. Other parts of Andulacia which are beautiful-Arcos de la fontierre and Rhonda.

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 10:26 AM
travelling

Thanks Perla..however, I was hoping for some more specific answers to my questions - any Spain officiandos out there who can offer any suggestions, tips, etc.?? Thanks very much...

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 11:11 AM
Maira

travelling, please post what time of the year you are going? If anytime between late May-September, Tarragona is a gorgeous place to hang out for the beaches, etc... otherwise, you would need to fill your days with day trips.

Old Mar 26th, 2002, 03:45 PM
lynn

Hi Travelling:<BR>I have travelled to both areas (Costa Daurada/Costa Brava and Andalucia (not Madrid yet!) I always think each area is best done in one trip as there is so much to see and do in each.<BR>If you do stay near Tarragona (where exactly so I can give you an idea of specifics close to you) you can spend a few days touring just this area (wineries, the monastery at Poblet and Santa Creus); or you can still stay there and travel to Barcelona for a day trip or stay overnight to take in the nightlife; <BR>You're only just an hour to the Pyrenee mountains from Barcelona where you can take a day to trek and have some space and awesome scenery. You can take in the beaches over northeast of Barcelona (Tossa de mar etc.) or the ones at Sitges closer to tarragona.....<BR>You can do so many things. Give us an idea of specifics and you'll get further replies I'm sure.<BR>Hope this helps.<BR>Regards,<BR>Lynn

Old Mar 27th, 2002, 05:59 AM
travelling

Thanks very much Lynn for the info..I will be staying at a timeshare for one week either in Salou or La Peneda, both I think are in Tarragona? So we'll be "parked" there for one week. Then we'll have another week (working on getting a third week!). I'm just wondering how logistically sensible it is to see Barcelona from here...we're thinking we should just book a hotel in Barcelona at the beginning or end of our trip for 3 days and fly into there. Then we'll have another week .. we're thinking of then going to Andalucia for that week. So there are wineries in the Costa Dorada region? That's very interesting to us. As is visiting small villages etc. So I'm sort of thinking arrive into Barcelona and connect right thru to Seville and do our week to ten days there. Then do the second week in the timeshare and then finish in Barcelona proper for the last 3 days. Make sense?

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 04:38 AM
Maira

travelling, please post what time of the year are you going? Different regions of Spain have tremendous tourism seasonal fluctuations, which obviously would impact any advise to Spain-bound travelers. Like Lynn advised you before, provide specifics. HEading down south after having the opportunity to see the Barcelona coastal area is a sound idea.

Old Mar 30th, 2002, 04:43 AM
sid

traveler, what timeshare do you use? I can use "leftover" RCI timeshares for $234 a week thru a military club, but I haven't tried it and I don't really know if its worth it. It seems like there are always lots available for Spain. Are they nice?