Spain - Hotel in Nerja

Old May 5th, 2005, 08:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spain - Hotel in Nerja

I am sorry for the multiple postings but I can't seem to get this message on the Spain board..........I will try one more time......My question is - - - Any recommendations for a hotel in Nerja?
Old May 6th, 2005, 03:15 PM

Mmm, Hotel Balcon de Europa has got a great location but the rooms are less than you may expect. Hotel Monica offers better rooms and great service. If you want to get away from the crowd in Nerja, try Hotel Playamaro in the nearby Maro village or a villa from http://www.casitas-select.com. Hotel Perla Marina is also okay, they have nice appartments with a little garden
Old May 7th, 2005, 08:02 AM

MissLily - What category hotel (number of stars) are you looking for?
Old May 7th, 2005, 10:33 AM
Original Poster

>MissLily - What category hotel (number of stars) are you looking for?

We are not looking for a "resort" type hotel or modern hotels......more interested in a small European type hotel...2 or 3 star places with charm and comfort........

Old May 9th, 2005, 07:04 AM

Hi MissLily - In Nerja, you want to either stay in a hotel in the Balcone de Europa area or further down near Burriana(not sure of the spelling) beach, IMHO. Burriana is the nicest beach in Nerja.

I did not stay in any of the following hotels but seems like they might more or less match your criteria. Please do your own research on them as well. There was a little cute hotel right next to Balcone de Europa across from Hotel Balcone de Europa with some rooms facing the sea.I believe it is called Parasio del Mar. If you decided to go with that, please check with the hotel to make sure it is the one across from Hotel Balcone de Europa. Hotel Balcone de Europa also is a great location but it seems the other poster had some reservations about the rooms. The hotel is not small.

Parador de Nerja is next to Burriana(not sure of spelling) beach. I am not a fan of Paradors in general but you might want to look into that if all failed. There was a small hotel very close to Parador which unfortunately I do not recall the name but looked descent.

The hotel I stayed in is the same category as you want but it is does not qualify as a resort type or charming hotel. It is small, safe, great location, very friendly staff but lacks the charm and/or modernity you are looking for. It is more of a practical type hotel. The hotel is in a plaza right next to Balcone de Europa. The hotel name is Hotel Plaza Cavana and is in Plaza Cavana.

I hope this helps some.
Old May 9th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Original Poster

>I hope this helps some.

It helped a lot..........I truly appreciate all the great advice.......