Spain airport HELP

Old Mar 1st, 2006, 05:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spain airport HELP

I’ll be traveling to cadiz in June and have a choice to fly from Madrid or Malaga. Which will be more convenient via public transportation?
Old Mar 1st, 2006, 06:22 AM

Both are plausible choices. If you do Madrid, you will either take a bus or train to the city, then a taxi or subway to the airport. For Malaga, you will take a bus from Cadiz (no trains that go direct), and then at the Malaga bus station, change to the airport bus, which will take you directly there.

A bus from Cadiz to Madrid will take much longer than one to Malaga, but a train would cut that time down.

Personally, if I were you, I would fly out of Malaga. The airport is smaller and more manageable, the transport is more direct (the bus leaves you right at the door), you don't have as many baggabe worries (if you do the Madrid subway, luggage is a pain and sometimes there are no escalators), and when you fly out of Malaga, you get a sweet sweet view of the Mediterranean.

Claire
Old Mar 1st, 2006, 06:38 AM

I agree 100% with what Claire stated. But, if you're certain you want to pass through Madrid, you can take the AVE (high speed train) to the Santa Justa station in Sevilla. Then you'll have to take the Talgo train to Cadiz. The Talgo will need a different station but it's taxi distance from Santa Justa.

Cheers

Blackduff
Old Mar 1st, 2006, 07:09 AM
Original Poster

Malaga it is then. Thanks for the help, that's the cheaper flight anyway!!
Old Mar 1st, 2006, 08:14 AM

Another thing to check. . . when you get the bus from Cadiz to Malaga, you will have a few options, and your fastest bet is always the express (which makes the least stops). There is a local one that definitely passes by the airport, however it makes so many stops that it is worth your time to get into downtown Malaga (to the bus station) and then turn around and head back out (the airport is about 15 minutes to the west of the city).