Reload this Page >

southern spain for a week

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20th, 2002, 11:22 AM
ciaoana

We have 7 days to tour southern Spain in March. So far we are interested in Granada, Sevilla, Andalucia, Malaga.<BR>We would like to avoid moving around as much as possible. Any suggestions on a central place to do day trips from? Looking for 4 star hotels as well if anyone has suggestions on favorite things to do in each place or favorite flamenco shows. Thanks in advance! Oh one more thing... rent a car or take the train?

Old Dec 20th, 2002, 11:36 AM
Tina

Hi,<BR>I've taken 2 trips to southern Spain and have found that having a car is easy, but only on long-haul trips. We drove from Seville to Malaga and were able to stop in beautiful Ronda. It was worth having the car. When we went back to Seville, we droped off the car and stayed there sans vehicle for 3 more days. I say, get the car but you don't need it while you're stying in Seville.

Old Dec 20th, 2002, 11:52 AM
ana

Hi Tina<BR>Thanks for the advise. How long of a drive is it from Seville to Malaga?

Old Dec 20th, 2002, 02:44 PM
Julie

We just did this trip a few months ago. Stayed at the Marriott Marbella which was wonderful--right on the beach, beautiful rooms, wonderful, helpful staff. It's easy to do day trips to Granada, Rhonda, and Andalucia (also Nerja--the caves are especially incredible), but IMO Sevilla is a bit long for a day trip as the driving time is approximately 3 hours each way, which would leave you very little time to see Sevilla, which is absolutely one of my favorite places in the world. If you could manage to add a few days there, I would suggest it. <BR><BR>Whatever you decide, I'm sure you'll have a great time--Spain is truly magical.

Old Dec 21st, 2002, 02:37 AM
Davidx

E-mail me if you would like my notes on parts of Spain and Portugal. There are large parts I do not know at all but even so it would be an absurd amount to put on here. [mention Spain/Portugal]

Old Dec 21st, 2002, 06:10 AM
dottie

If you can add Cordova to your list of day trips, I think you would find it well worth your while. The mosque/cathedral there is very special.<BR>