Reload this Page >

Southern California...to Finland

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6th, 1999, 10:34 PM
ray seva

Hey everyone! <BR> Next May my fiancee & plan to get married in San Diego, California (my hometown). <BR> We then plan to honeymoon in France. <BR>But before going to France, we'd really like to fly to Helsinki Finland. (My fiancee can trace her ancestry to Finland...it would sort of be a "pilgrimage/homage to her ancestors" type of visit.) <BR> After spending a few days here (a week?) we would then travel down to France. <BR> Here's where I'd LOVE to hear from anyone. Any comments/suggestions about which airline to fly to Finland? <BR> Also...what's the best way to get to France (the South of France, near Nice) from Helsinki? <BR> Believe me, ANY comments/tips/advice will be greatly appreciated!!! <BR> <BR>PS I'm Asian-American (Filipino-American, to be exact). Should I be concerned about this while wandering the streets/villages of what I'm told is a very beautiful country? <BR> Naaah.....right?? <BR>

Old Jul 8th, 1999, 05:25 AM
topper

!

Old Jul 8th, 1999, 07:18 AM
Miriam

Hallo Ray, <BR>I would recommend to choose one of the big Airlines, where you can stay on for the whole trip,British Airways for example or Lufthansa. They´re operating flights from the States to Europe and throughout Europe. The advantage is, that you don´t have to collect your luggage when changing planes during stop-over. You may check the website of Finnair as well(www.finnair.com).They offer a non-stop flight New York-Helsinki. There´s a regular service(5 flights a day) from Frankfurt to Nizza by Lufthansa, which is besides London a good hub anyway if you want to make trips in Europe. <BR>Refering to your question about you being Filipino-American don´t be concerned. No one will look at you, especially not in France since there you´ll find a colourful mixture of different nationalities. I´m sure you will enjoy being there. <BR>Have fun! <BR> <BR>Miriam <BR>

Old Jul 8th, 1999, 09:16 PM
Rene

Ho Ray, were leaving for finland and Sweden this August on Finnair direct from SAn Francisco to Helsinki. Ive only heard good things about Finnairs service

Old Feb 25th, 2000, 04:14 PM
calpurnia

Finnair is good, they code share with American Airlines. You would probably fly AA to JFK in New York then Finnair on to Helsinki. I recently got a super deal on Finnair flying from DFW-HEL. Two adults and one lap baby for $1,057 total for the shoulder season. <BR>Please do visit Finland. You will love the country and the people. They will be especially friendly to those who learn a few Finnish words - please, thank you, good morning and such. And do not worry, Finns usually dine on reindeer, salmon and vodka but not Filipinos so you are safe. ; ) <BR> <BR>PS: I just remembered my father-in-law, in Finland, has been to the Philippines and knows some tagalog (sp?) so please feel even more at home there.