Sound of Music tour

Search

Sound of Music tour

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 07:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sound of Music tour

hello, anyone that has been on this tour, is it worth 4 hours? if we do not take this tour how else would we be able to see the outlying area of Salzburg (we are not going to have a car).

which tour agency should we take for the SOM tour, if it is indeed worth the time and money.

Thanks
Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 07:50 AM

We did this tour a few years ago...the guide was great. We enjoyed it including the luge ride. I think it would be a nice way to see surrounding area...very scenic. Sorry, don't remember company...probably all similar.

I would also reccomend lunch/dinner at the Augustiner brewery.
Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 07:55 AM

Yes, it is fun. As chip said, there are a few companies that do them and they are all probably similar. I did not do a luge ride on the one I did. We went up to the town that has the church where the wedding took place (St. Gilgen?). It was absolutely beautiful. That made the trip worth it to me, I would not have been able to go up there on my own.

Check Rick Steves book, I took the tour that he recommends and was in one of shows.
Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 08:52 AM

If you're Sound of Music fans...by all means go! We went with Bob's Tours and loved it. The other couple with us only took the tour to see the countryside and had just watched the movie before their trip. Even they had their photo taken in front of the gazebo! Have a wonderful trip. http://www.bobstours.com/sightseeing.htm
Old Sep 3rd, 2007, 10:11 AM
Original Poster

does Bob's tour allow enough time to get out and see all the major sites from the movie? and do they take you to the hills above, like in the first couple scenes from the movie itself. that is what i think about when i think of this area of salzburg. the rolling hills. if the tour doesnt take you, is it worth finding some way to get there.