Reload this Page >

SOS! le parc hotel-paris

Search

SOS! le parc hotel-paris

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 07:46 AM
nancy

SOS! le parc hotel-paris

has anyone stayed in this hotel in the 16th arrondissment? i can't find anything about it and the travel agent says it is terrific. help!

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 09:14 AM
Christina

I haven't stayed there but it's fairly well-known -- when you say you can't find anything about it do you mean that literally, or just you can't find anything on this forum? It's a luxury hotel with an Alain Ducasse restaurant in it (one of the few Michelin 3-star restaurants in Paris, I think). So you just won't find a lot of folks on here that stay in that expensive a hotel to comment, although there have been a very few comments on here about the Crillon, George V, etc. I don't eat in restaurants like that either so am not sure, but I think maybe Ducasse isn't at that site anymore? If you know nothing about that hotel, there's info on www.webscapades.com

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 10:01 AM
nancy

thanks so much. i can't find this hotel in any of my books including fodor and frommer. maybe i'm not looking under the right name? i'm looking for le parc. is there some other name it's called?

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 11:01 AM
BTilke

If you mean the hotel at 55 Raymond Poincare in the 16th, we stayed there briefly years ago. Very nice. I love the neighborhood. Here is a web link that includes photos (it's part of the Sofitel chain now, don't know if it was when we were there). <BR>http://www.hotelbook.com/static/welcome_90163.html

Old Oct 2nd, 2001, 11:30 AM
nancy

thanks btilke. i went into that website and it was very helpful. nice pictures. my question is this: does this hotel have a french feel or is it mostly an english manor house kind of atmosphere?

Old Oct 10th, 2001, 01:10 PM
loveparis

Just returned from a fabulous trip to Paris. Stayed at the Le Parc. Very nice hotel. attentive staff nice rooms. <BR>enjoy your stay

Old Oct 10th, 2001, 01:12 PM
loveparis

The hotel is in a non touristy part of town and it does have a french feel to it.