Sorrento Silver Star car rental

Old Aug 3rd, 2012, 08:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorrento Silver Star car rental

This company had many high recommends by travelers, but I have tried emailing them twice via their website in the last 30 days, and have had no response about cost of a day trip from Naples to Salerno in April 2013. The website has lots of info, but no prices. Are things in such a state of flux in Italy and the EU that they don't want to give prices 8 months in advance?
Old Aug 3rd, 2012, 09:50 AM

You want to rent a car for a day to go from Sorrento to Naples? I would use public transportation. You do not want to drive in Naples.

Prices are generally given at the end of the booking process but before you enter the credit card information.
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 04:57 AM
Original Poster

We are staying 4 nights in Naples, and then 2 nights in Salerno before we take the train to Palermo for 10 days in Sicily. I want to hire a private car with driver to pick us up at our hotel in Naples (I don't want to drive in Naples) and drive us along the Amalfi coast for a day trip, stopping for lunch somewhere nice in Positano or Amalfi. I read about how user friendly the Silver Star company is, but they are not responding to my emails. Yes, we could take the Circumvensuvian train from Naples to Sorrento, and then take the public bus along the coast. But we will have our luggage with us, and I thought a private car would be worth the splurge.
Old Aug 4th, 2012, 08:49 AM

I misread your posting. Sorry.
Old Aug 5th, 2012, 06:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We used Americo Car Service to get from Sorrento to the Naples airport this May. The driver arrived early, drove safely and efficiently, and provided a narrative (in good English) all the way, turning a routine ride into a tour. The company has a website:

http://www.americocarservice.com/

Maybe you should check them out.
Old Aug 5th, 2012, 06:31 AM

We were just in Sorrento and used Aldo Limousine. We hired them for our tour of Amalfi coast, Positano etc etc for the day. We paid 280 euros cash for a family of 3. Christina was very helpful and she would reply asap if you email their company. She is from England, so you wont have a problem with communication.

As for our return transfer from Sorrento to Napoli Centrale, I did ask for the price which was 110 euro one way, also with Aldo Limousine. In the end, we just decided to take the train and spent 12 euro and another 20 euro for taxi from our hotel to the sorrento train station. It wasnt bad and it was actually relaxing and we had plenty of time to catch our train from Napoli to Rome, with 3 huge luggages.
Old Aug 5th, 2012, 01:11 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. I'll check out the other two companies and see what they offer!
Old Aug 5th, 2012, 09:46 PM

Ciao Vicky, I replied to your email, but without any success (I always receive a failure notice), you can try to contact me at [email protected].
Hope this helps, ciao. Luisa