Reload this Page >

Sorrento Restaurants

Search

Sorrento Restaurants

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10th, 2002, 05:52 AM
Frank

Sorrento Restaurants

Any recommendations on good modestly priced restaurants in Sorrento?. Looking for good local eats. Any suggestions on what foods to try?<BR>Thanks

Old Feb 10th, 2002, 07:47 AM
Vincenzo

Frank, what do you mean about Sorrento ? There is the town named Sorrento and there is the Penisola Sorrentina which is a land which include also Sorrento.<BR>Anyway, in Sorrento I advice you Filippo, as modest are its prices and delicious its foods, and La Vela Bianca, at the harbour: great quality.<BR>Other suggestions are Il Buco and Caruso, but spending is very high.<BR>Besides Sorrento, no problem with the best rate between quality and price.<BR>I'll suggest the restaurats with the best rate between quality and price, in my opinion.<BR>At Vico Equense, Nonna Rosa (village Pietrapiano), Paradise (village Massaquano,)Torre del Saraceno (village Seiano).<BR>At Piano di Sorrento, Il Terrazzino.<BR>At Sant'Agata Sui Due Golfi, Lo Stuzzichino.<BR>At Nerano, La Taverna del Capitano, Quattro Passi.<BR>Our typical cooking is based on our vegetables, small tomatoes overall, and our local fish and everything we prepare with our lemons.<BR>As first course, don't miss our scialatielli.<BR>If you want, feel free e-mail me, I'll suggest the right dishes for the restaurants where you'll go.<BR>Have nice dinners, ciao.

Old Feb 10th, 2002, 08:09 AM
phil

Vincenzo,<BR><BR>I will be leaving for Sorrento on Thursday staying at the Hotel Bristol. Any help you can give me regarding eating places among locals within walking distance of the hotel or main part of town. <BR>Also any off the beaten track places you can recommend to visit? I'm planning on spending one day on a tour to Pompeii and Capri and have 2 days on my own. I was thinking of spending another day going to the Amalfi Coast maybe going to Positano?<BR>Thanks for your suggestions!

Old Feb 10th, 2002, 10:37 AM
Vincenzo

Phil,<BR>is this next Thursday you arrive at Sorrento ?<BR>Well, the day of San Valentino, lovers' holiday, here to Sorrento coincides with the Patronale holiday. Now, it will be holiday also to give you our welcome.<BR>My suggests about eating places are "Il Buco" first of all, "Il Canonico" second and "Caruso" third. Everyone of these is in walking distance.<BR>One day in Pompei is very interesting. <BR>One day in Capri is very charming, but you must decide it in the same morning that you leave for Capri because it depends from the sea.<BR>About Amalfi Coast, the best solution, in my opinion, is rent a car so that you visit it far from the rules of the tour operator or from the travel on a normal bus.<BR>Of Amalfi Coast, I suggest slow stops in Positano, Minori and, obviously, Amalfi. If weather is very good, Ravello, too.<BR>Anyhow, if you wish, you can phone me, I live nearby Sorrento, and I can help you.<BR>So, feel free e-mail me.<BR>Benvenuto a Sorrento.<BR>

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 08:26 AM
phil

Vincenzo,<BR><BR>Thanks so much for your response. I'm leaving this Thursday for Sorrento. We will probably go to the more moderately priced restaurants you mentioned. What would you recommend trying at Flippo and La Vela Bianca? And what prices would I be looking at in US dollars.<BR><BR>Thanks Again!<BR>Phil

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 08:54 AM
Vincenzo

Phil,<BR>Filippo is cheaper than La Vela Bianca and, anyhow, La Vela Bianca is closed until March.<BR>You arrive at Filippo searching for cemetery (!) but, don't worry, it's only for your easy retrieval.<BR>IF you're also on Saturday night, look at ARTIS DOMUS, in the historical center, for a fun afterdinnner.<BR>If you want Pizza, be attention: Paradise at Vico Equense.<BR>Ciao.