Search

sorrento hotels

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 05:56 AM
jim

sorrento hotels

we have had so much fun planning our sept 1-16 second anniversary trip to italy. the help from this site has been great. we now have our airline tickets and are close to securing our hotel reservations. sept 2-6 we will spend 4 nights in sorrento. we stayed at the excelsior last time and loved it, but it is very expensive. we would like to be on the water, near the town center, a pool and a view from our room as well as a private bath. the ambasciatori at 244 euros apppears to be our best choice so far. there appear to be many hotels along the water. can you offer suggestions of ones that are near the excelsior and ambasciatori?

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 06:20 AM
cam

jim,<BR><BR>ambasciatori is nice. is much like the excelsior but 100 euros less per night.<BR><BR>cam

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 07:42 AM
jacob

the belleview is nice, but no pool.<BR><BR>jacob

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 10:37 AM
SYLVIA

WE HAVE RESERVATIONS AT A LITTLE KNOWN HOTEL CALLED DESIREE ON VIA CAPO ON THE EDGE OF TOWN, 10 MIN WALK TO CENTER OF TOWN, HAS BALCONY , WITH SEAVIEW, IN MARCH (OFF SEASON) ABOUT 62 EUROS, YOU MAY WANT TO LOOK INTO IT

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 01:53 PM
Happy

Hi Jim, We spent 9 days at the Ambasciatori two years ago..in Sept. also. We didn't want to stay at the Exelsior or Bellevue because they were much more expensive. We were pleasantly surprise...and loved the Ambasciatori. Be sure to ask for a room with a view. The pool is not heated, so only the brave used it!! I was one of the brave! There were lots of groups from England and they ordered 4 o'clock tea around the pool...so I figured "what the heck..I'll do as the English do"..and I ordered tea,too. It was great fun. The grounds and the views are magnificent. I am sure you'll enjoy.<BR><BR>I'm jealous!

Old Feb 18th, 2002, 01:58 PM
kavey

Happy<BR>You bring back memories.<BR>When we went to Sorrento in October 1997 we were the only (4) fools crazy enough to use the pool and our men regaled us with tales about how far testicles could retreat in males of the species when subjected to such extreme cold!<BR><BR>LOL<BR>