Search

Sorrento Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20th, 2001, 08:28 PM
Gabe

Sorrento Hotel

I plan on staying in Sorrento for 1 night after visiting Pompeii in Feb. Any suggestions for a hotel?

Old Dec 21st, 2001, 05:36 AM
jim

gabe,<BR><BR>with only 1 day may i suggest the excelsior grand vittoria (it is expensive) but located in a lemon grove park next to the piazza tasso. everything is walking distance. we stayed there for our honeymoon in 2000 and plan to go back in 2002. also i noticed several hotels next to the excelsior that are probably lower in cost with similar views and access to the piazzo. sorrento is wonderful.

Old Dec 21st, 2001, 05:40 AM
Loves Italy

Hi! When choosing, we found the Exelsior too expensive, stayed at the Ambasciatori for nine nights and loved it. There are many hotels on the cliffs overlooking the bay. It's heaven!

Old Dec 21st, 2001, 07:30 AM
Joanne

Gabe:<BR><BR>We always stay at the Bellevue Syrene. Very old (initially back to Roman times)and charming. Wonderful dining room with a full wall of windows overlooking the Bay of Naples. Great way to start your day with breakfast, which is quite good too.<BR><BR>If you wish more info, don't hesitate to e-mail me.<BR><BR>As the Jim noted, Sorrento is wonderful. We agree and I have noted on several other threads, I would like to live there at least part of the year.<BR><BR>j

Old Dec 21st, 2001, 08:46 AM
richard j vicek

Good morning, Gabe have to cast my<BR>vote to the Bellevue Syrene, stayed there a number of years ago and was <BR>a highlight of our stay in the area.<BR>Richard of LaGrange PS it is about<BR>a block and a half from the Pza Tasso.<BR>the town center..