Sorrento ferry to Procida?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13th, 2004, 10:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those of you who have taken this boat or know more about it.....I have looked online but wanted to specifically know if it is possible to take a ferry/boat/hydrofoil from Sorrento to the small island of Procida? If not from Sorrento, is there one from Naples? (I know there are Ischia options, but interested in Procida).

If neither option above, is it feasible to island hop from Ischia to Procida, and still make it back to Ischia in time for the return evening ferry?
Old Aug 13th, 2004, 11:13 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Go to www.procida.net, click on English version, click on ferry schedules.

There appear to be ferries between Naples/Procida and Ischia/Procida but not between Sorrento/Procida.
Old Aug 13th, 2004, 11:17 AM
GAC

I doubt that there is direct service. Procida is reached from either Naples, Pozzuoli or Ischia. Connecting in Naples is probably the fastest. Island hopping will take longer, but may be more fun.
Old Aug 13th, 2004, 11:29 AM

I stayed on Procida in Oct. 2002. There is not a ferry from Sorrento to Procida. You must leave from Naples. I took the hdyrofoil. You can also get to Ischia from Procida, again a hydrofoil, but they also have ferries. You can take a ferry/hydrofoil from Ischia to Sorrento, but I think there is only one or two a day. Hope you enjoy Procida, it is quite unique.
Old Aug 13th, 2004, 02:30 PM

Enjoy Procida !
Look for the little vans which deliver fresh mozzarella to people's house.
They are so tiny
Old Aug 13th, 2004, 05:41 PM

Enjoy Procida, the island is wonderful and they have a great little transit system. THe travel agent in the main square is great...she arranged many of our Trenitalie reservations for us. When we were in Sorento, there was a either a ferry of a hydrofoil to Procida. We went via Naples for some reason, could have been timing. Things change every year though.
Old Aug 13th, 2004, 08:40 PM

barb is correct, I spent several days on Procida over Easter-for the uhforgettable Good Friday processions. The only connections are either through Naples, or Ischia.

Yes, you can go Procida from Ischia for the day easily.
Thanks for reminding me of the little vans with fresh mozzarella and ricotta. I saw one last year after the try a sample of the ricotta-I nearly swooned in ecstasy-the taste was pure heaven!

Old Aug 14th, 2004, 03:31 AM

As GAC pointed out, there are also frequent ferries direct to Procida from Pozzuoli. Took about 35 minutes and you can take your car on also.