Reload this Page >

Sorrento & Positano Hotels

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22nd, 2000, 04:58 PM
Becky

We are trying to decide for our honeymoon if we should stay 2 nights in Positano(Hotel Miramare) & 2 nights in Sorrento(Bellevue Syrene), or would it be better to stay 4 nights at the Bellevue. Fodors rates the Bellevue as one of the best in Sorrento and I know very little about the Miramare. Any suggestions?

Old Aug 22nd, 2000, 08:21 PM
rlk

--- <BR>My vote is for the "2 & 2" - Positano is such a charming and beautiful spot, especially for a honeymoon. When I've stayed in Positano, economy has dictated my choice of hotels and so, Hotel Miramare was not on my list. It is a 4 star hotel - if memory serves me I think it's one that's perched on the cliff overlooking the bay. Do confirm location - if so, it would probably be a lovely place to stay. <BR> <BR>A good site to check is 'Positano on the Web' - www.positanonline.it

Old Aug 23rd, 2000, 06:20 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Becky, you should do Positano--location <BR>is more important than hotels. But, check out Casa Albertina for a great <BR>honeymoon location--if you have good <BR>walking legs.

Old Aug 27th, 2000, 10:49 AM
Sandi

Becky: <BR> <BR>While browsing thru hotels for Italy, found this info on one of your choices. Hope it helps. <BR> <BR> -------- <BR>Hotel Miramare, <BR>84017 POSITANO <BR>Tel: (+39) 089 875 002 <BR>Fax: (+39) 089 875 219 <BR>http://www.starnet.it/miramare/ <BR> <BR>The Hotel Miramare is one of Positano's oldest hotels. <BR>Established in 1946 by Carlo Cinque with the arrival of the American armed forces, the hotel has remained in the family's ownership. It is now managed by his grandchildren, the Attanasio family who also owns the Hotel Palazzo Murat. The Attanasio family has long been associated with fine hotels and their name is well known for excellence in service. <BR> <BR>Rates – Yr 2000 (High Season) <BR>Singles 200,000 lira <BR>Doubles (standard) 280,000 lira <BR>Lrgr Rms also available (& with higher prices) <BR>

Old Aug 27th, 2000, 05:45 PM
Maggie

Becky, <BR>Two years ago we stayed at both your hotels. The Bellevue Syrene was perfect----great location and view of Versuvius, wonderful staff and very nice rooms. <BR>The Miramare was a somewhat different story---fabulous views and a great terrace, our room was VERY small, the bathroom was a story in itself. My husaband called it the "side-saddle toilet" because the location was a bit bizarre. The water pressure was literally nonexistent for a shower (slight trickle which just ran down the tiles). The staff was rather pompous and unfriendly. You probably gather we would not recommend it!!!!!!!! <BR> <BR>Having said that, perhaps it is under new management and the view and the terrace were superb. I also think you should stick to your paln of staying both Positano and Sorrento. They are different and offer diffferent opportunities. Have a wonderful honeymoon.