Search

Soglio

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 10:22 AM
lim

Soglio

I read in one of the messages about a quaint and enchanting little village perched on the mountain cliff in Switzerland near St.Moritz but I am unable to locate it even in the best atlas I have. Can someone familiar with this area plaease let me know where it is and how do I get there from Lake Como or from St. Moritz?<BR>

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 10:47 AM
Wayne

I might be the one who mentioned this unique and little-known spot. It is indeed not included in many of the atlases because it is so small, but I guarantee you will find it one of the most breathtaking spots you've ever seen if you enjoy a small village with incredible vistas in every direction. If you drive northward on the east side of Lake Como, route SS36, you will follow that highway all the way to St. Moritz. Just after crossing the border into Switzerland, however, probably no more than a couple of km inside Switzerland, you will find a little sign pointing to Soglio. It's only a kilometer or two off the main highway, but it's a world apart. It's been mostly my little secret for a long time, but now I think others are beginning to discover it. Hope you go and enjoy it.

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 11:07 AM
richard j vicek

Good afternoon, Lim<BR>SOGLIO is located about 30 km southwest<BR>of St. Moritz, just off highway 3 just<BR>before the IT boarder. A little bit<BR>of information can be found on <BR>www.bregaglia.ch/ Looks Good.<BR>Richard ofLaGrange Park, IL...

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 11:17 AM
ingo

Hi lim,<BR><BR>I believe you read it in the thread "Support Group for those who love Switzerland". I posted a few articles on Soglio.<BR><BR>You have to leave the main road in Promontogno. You can go there by bus from St. Moritz (change in Promontogno) or by train from Lake Como to Chiavenna, take the Swiss bus from Chiavenna to St. Moritz, change in Promontogno.<BR><BR>It is one of the loveliest spots in the Alps. I promise, you will fall in love with it.<BR><BR>Ingo

Old Jan 18th, 2002, 03:08 PM
jw

I've got Soglio on my list, as well. Lim, you might want to purchase a Rand McNally Hallwag map of Switzerland. It has every little place, and it's one of my favorite day-dream vehicles. Ingo pointed me to the bregaglia site, and indeed the photographs are beautiful. Has anyone visited Guarda or Ardez (heading out the other direction from St. Moritz, almost to Austria)? The more I read about the Grisons canton from Ingo and others, the more I think it might be worth a trip all by itself! Ask Ingo about Lago di Poschiavo. J.