Reload this Page >

So we're going to France…

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 05:41 PM
Colleen Cameron

We're going to Paris, the Loire Valley, Cannes and Barcelona. We have our hotel in Paris, (Hotel d'Aubusson) but need a hotel in the Loire Valley, Cannes (preferrably on the water) and Barcelona. Any suggestions?

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 05:52 PM
StCirq

In the Loire, I recommend staying in Amboise, at the Lion d'Or if you're looking for a moderate place, or Le Choiseul if you can afford a fancier place.

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 05:54 PM
StCirq

By the way, I hope you have quite a bit of time for this vacation - the itnerary covers a LOT of territory. <BR> <BR>

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 06:00 PM
Rex

StCirq: Yes, and no. Especially if they are flying from Nice to Barcelona (and I must admit, I have not checked - - are there any low fares for this route? I don't know of any) - - this is not a crazy itinerary - - 4 + 4 + 3 + 3 sounds alright. No one says they have to come back ready to write a book about each place. <BR> <BR>Best wishes, <BR> <BR>Rex <BR>

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 06:04 PM
Colleen Cameron

Thanks for the advice…as for our itinerary, we're staying 4 days in Paris, 2 in the Loire, 4 in Cannes and 3 in Barcelona. We're taking the train everywhere, except for in the Loire, we'll rent a car.

Old Mar 28th, 2001, 05:20 PM
Rex

I guess you never got a lot of advice on choice of hotel(s) - - can you afford Chateau d'Artigny? - - a dreamboat, unless you hate luxury. <BR> <BR>Lower cost alternatives (though I have never set foot in either) - - www.chateaudejonvillers.com (not really in the Loire valley) or www.bienvenue-au-chateau.com (La Maison in Richelieu). <BR>