Reload this Page >

Smyril Line Ferries - Iceland, Faroe Islands, Shetland Islands

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2nd, 2001, 12:42 PM
Joe

Has anyone ever taken the ferry that runs from Iceland to the Faroe Islands? Or from the Faroe Islands to the Shetland Islands? <BR><BR>I am thinking about going to Iceland this summer, and I would love to go to both the Faroe Islands and the Shetland Islands while there.<BR><BR>I was able to figure out the schedule for the sailings, and I would have a couple of nights on each island stopover before heading back to Iceland. It sounds like a very interesting side trip, but it seems that the cost is high. From what I can tell, a two person cabin with shower and toliet for the entire round trip is $1,000???! Does anyone know different?

Old Apr 3rd, 2001, 04:40 AM
Joe

Topping this for me. Anyone?

Old Apr 3rd, 2001, 04:58 AM
Bjorn Alvik

Hi, Joe<BR>Did you get prices from <BR>http://www.smyril-line.com ?<BR>That is the official site<BR>Company seems to cooperate with others,<BR>by example Fjord-line in Bergen<BR>http://www.fjordline.no<BR>Bjorn, Oslo

Old Apr 3rd, 2001, 05:19 AM
Joe

Bjorn,<BR>Thanks for your reply, yes, I did get prices there and that is where I came up with the $1,000 USD for the trip which I feel is extremely high. Am I crazy for thinking that is too high for that ferry?

Old Apr 3rd, 2001, 05:32 AM
Bjorn Alvik

Hi again<BR>Prices looks high, but I'm not surprised. I recently did some research for another fodorite on other ships in the area (fjordline), and prices seemed high, even to a Norwegian. But then it could look like the agents operated with other prices than the main office. Maybe you should call them?<BR>Bjorn

Old Apr 3rd, 2001, 08:56 AM
Joe

Thanks again, Bjorn. I am in the process of e-mailing them. If that doesn't get me anywhere, I will call.