I had used this forum quite a bit when I planned my last trip to Europe and it was very helpful..
I was looking for some more of that great first hand experience.
We are planning a Croatia/Slovenia trip next June. We will be spending 3 days in Slovenia driving in from Split and driving to Rovinj. My first thought was to base ourselves near Bohinj and spend one day in lake bled, one day in lake Bohinj, and on our way back to the coast do some whitewater rafting. I have 2 questions.
!. Is being based in one place the way to go to see this area, or would 2 places make more sense?
2. Originally I was leaving Ljubljana off of our itinerary, but the more I read, the more I want to include it. If I did decide to include it, would basing ourselves there make sense? Keeping in mind we will be spending a lot of time hiking/biking etc.
I'm looking for responses from people with experience touring the area.
Thanks in advance for your time.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 2 Milan airport--which one
- 3 Paris Apartment
- 4 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 5 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 6 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 7 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 8 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 9 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 10 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 11 Barcelona to Malaga
- 12 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 13 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 14 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 15 Which Area in London?
- 16 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 17 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 18 Paris November 2017
- 19 Getting around Lisbon
- 20 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 21 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 22 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 23 Visit to France
- 24 First time in Spain
- 25 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?