Search

Skiing in Olso

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 11:50 AM
amy

Skiing in Olso

We're headed to Oslo for a weekend and my husband is an avid downhill skier. I've read that there are several 'city' slopes. Anyone been to any of these? Any recommendations for an intermediate skier? And how far are they from city centre?<BR><BR>Thanks for any advice!

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 11:51 AM
amy

Okay, please don't rake me over the coals for the typo in the title, of course, I meant Oslo.

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 01:28 AM
helen

There are lots of slopes in and around Oslo. Very good conditions at the moment. Lots of snow. The closest I think is at Tryvann (Holmenkollen area). A short ride on the Metro (line 1) or Metro line 2, with a change to bus 41 to Sorkedalen. I'm not really into downhill, but this is common knowledge for a citizen of Oslo.

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 02:22 AM
helen

New projects are in planning to connect the area and get longer slopes. But still do a search on Destination Holmenkollen. Hopefully this will answer your questions.

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 02:33 AM
helen

Sorry ment to ad www.holmenkollen.com

Old Jan 3rd, 2003, 03:21 AM
helen

While I'm at it. You should consider renting a plastic or wooden Sledge and run down Korketrekkeren (The Corkscrew). Great fun for adults as well as teens (It is not for small children). Use the Metro to get up and down (Between the stops Frognerseteren and Midtstuen)