COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

site question

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 11:03 AM
christy

site question

how do I find past questions and answers to this site?

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 11:09 AM
x

Either you can narrow it down by subject and kepp scrolling by cliking on the 'next 50' prompt or if you remember key words (hotel names, cities) you can do a text search to narrow it down.

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 11:09 AM
Patrick

You can just keep going to the bottom of the current 50 messages and click for previous 50 messages. This could go on for hours until you get back to what you are looking for if it was in the last few days. If it is a specific subject you want, then in the text search box type in a phrase, like "Paris Hotels" or Brugge bicycling, then click the appropriate country as well. Good luck. Sometimes it will work and sometimes it won't, and sometimes it may take about 5 minutes or more for the series of related posts to appear in the left column where normally the current posts appear.

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 11:14 AM
wes fowler

At the top of this frame are two boxes captioned "Text Search and/or Subject Search". In Text Search, type in the title of a particular posting you're looking for or key words in that title, or words related to your particular interest, i. e. Paris hotels, Lake Como, London Travel Card, etc. then hit the search button. Related postings will be downloaded in the left hand frame replacing those currently there.

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 11:14 AM
Desiree

Hi Christy

First, go to the forum of the geographic area you on which you are searching. Then compleat a "text search"(it's located on the top of the geographic forum page. Then click on "find"

The "search" option has been pretty slow today

Old Mar 1st, 2001, 11:19 AM
Desiree'

Darn Wes, you beat me to it.You're a fast typist.
And no TYPEO'S
I think you explained it better than I