Single disabled lady, 66,

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 04:10 PM
Jane

Single disabled lady, 66,

looking for companion to drive to south of France and stay few weeks.......Would use my own car, and I would pay for crossing and petrol...but not accommodation or meals......Accommodation HAS to be on ground floor or in hotels with lifts for self.....Ventually heading for Aiguebelle, but companion does not have to stay with me at destination. Aiguebelle is 20 minutes west of St.Tropez...normally takes 2 and half days to get there..........Crossing Portsmouth/Caen

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 04:21 PM
not an RN

Essentially you are looking for the services of a chauffeur and very light assistance with activites of daily living, during a trip that will be planned unilaterally by you, such services to be provided strictly as a volunteer, with no remuneration at all in the form of wage or room and board, and without the sort of role in the vacation planning that a companion/friend would have. Is this correct?

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 04:32 PM
lll

"not and RN" .... was it really necessary for you to post this mean response? The lady is offering someone a free crossing from the UK to France and a free ride to the South of France and is not asking for any assistance, just a companion.

Hope you find a nice companion Jane.

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 05:15 PM
xxx

I don't think this lady is offering a free anything. She appears to be asking for a lot and not giving anything in return. This would not be a pleasure trip for her "companion." The response above was accurate not mean.

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 05:59 PM
BBB

I completely agree with "not an RN". That was a straight, right to the target response, in my view.

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 07:15 PM
Meow

<<looking for companion to drive to south of France....>>

Does this mean the "companion" will have to do all of the driving?

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 07:19 PM
xxx

yup

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 07:20 PM
Jane

I am not looking for a driver. I can drive myself perfectly well and have had a lot of experience driving in France.... I might need help with a suitcase now and again but that is about all....It is just boring driving alone such a long way.

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 07:24 PM
Jane

xxx people should not answer for others or make wrong guesses and assumptions

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 07:29 PM
Francine

Do you have insomnia, Jane? Kind of late to be up posting on the internet, n'est-ce pas?

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 07:33 PM
jane

Yes.............

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 07:54 PM
Pollster

Is Jane for real? Is the late night Jane the same Jane of the original post?

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 08:24 PM
Jane

Yes.............why?

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 08:31 PM
Pollster

I think you're a figment of your imagination

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 10:31 AM
xxx

So was this a troll or what?

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 12:44 PM
Worried

Can PUP come along as well without charge?

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 12:45 PM
Quasi

I think if you touch a hunchback's hump in Europe, it is good luck.

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 12:58 PM
Barzelletta

It's protection from the Evil Eye <0>

But what has that got to do with anything?

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 01:09 PM
humper

Buzz off Barzaletta. Keep your evil eye to yourself.

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 01:22 PM
xxx

Jane, did it occur to you that posting an advertisement on the internet for someone to drive with you could be a wee bit dangerous? As you can see by the responses to your original post, there are a few wackos out there.

Take care.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FODOR'S VIDEO