Reload this Page >

Siena to Rome driving time

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26th, 2000, 09:49 PM
Donna T

Thanksgiving week, We will be flying into Florence, staying for 2 days, then driving to Tuscany for 4 days, finishing our trip in Rome, flying back to Atlanta from Rome. <BR>Need to know driving time from Siena to Rome <BR>and any ideas on interesting towns between. <BR>Best map book to use in Italy? I love this <BR>site, I've learned so much from you guys. <BR>Who needs a travel agent...

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 05:15 AM
Paulo

The fast nonstop driving time from Siena to Rome should read some 2:30 hours. The main site en route would be Orvieto, well worth a visit. You'd spend very little time getting off/on the Autostrada for the detour. Some other sites on your way (further out from your route but quitre close) would be Montepulciano and Pienza. Chiusa is also almost directly on your route. <BR> <BR>Paulo <BR>

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 05:44 AM
Paulo

Regarding maps, I used to use the TCI (Touring Club Italiano) ones. They have 400k:1 (4km = 1com) regional maps and 200k:1 local maps. All my maps appear to have vanished, though <BR>Paulo <BR>

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 06:16 AM
Donna T

Pablo,Thanks for reply again you are a man of wisdom, I have your walking tour <BR>printed and looking forward to Siena. <BR>Trying to decide between Hotel Garden ($102.00) includes breakfast or Villa <BR>Vignamaggio($125.00) icludes breakfast. <BR>We will have a car so I may spend 2 nights at Vignamaggio and one at Garden, so we can enjoy the city feel. <BR>What do you think? <BR>

Old Oct 27th, 2000, 06:35 AM
Paulo

I think that 2 nights at the Villa Vignamaggio and one in Siena seems OK. Once you've already decided on the Garden, go ahead (I would probably prefer the Athena, a 4-star within the city walls ... it doesn't have a pool but I wouldn't use it anyways <BR>Paulo <BR>