Siena Hotels

Jul 24th, 2006, 09:10 AM
Original Poster

Siena Hotels

I am a planning a trip to Italy for the fall of 2007. (I know its a year away but the planning is half the fun for me) Does anyone have any reccomendations for hotels in Siena that include parking?
Jul 24th, 2006, 10:09 AM

The Palazzo Ravissa has a parking lot behind the hotel.
Jul 24th, 2006, 10:39 AM

Stayed at the Palazzo Ravissa a few years ago for 3 nights. Great hotel with great views (looking away from the city). Short walk down to the Campo, and as stated, parking in the rear.
Jul 24th, 2006, 06:03 PM

Hi. I know how you feel about planing a trip that's a year away - I've been planning my trip back to Italy (1st Solo Trip!) in may 2007 for months now!

Well, the last two times I was in Italy I stayed in Siena a few nights and LOVED LOVED LOVED Il Colombaio (http://www.toscanaholiday.com/). It's not in the city walls (or even near it really) - it's about 14 km south of Siena (15 min) but it's so worth it. The only reason I won't be staying there on my next trip to Siena is because I'm going to be traveling by train and with no car it's not really convenient for me.

The Lovers Room is my favorite and the breakfast is awesome - you will definitely be FULL.

Anyway, good luck and I hope you enjoy planning your trip as much as I am!

Ahissa
Jul 24th, 2006, 07:05 PM

Another vote for the Palazzo Ravissa. Not only is there gated parking, but the room was comfortable; the breakfast good; the i=views over the coutryside lovely; the bathroom as perhaps the largest I've ever had in Europe; and it was a blessedly short walk to the city center, i.e. NOT right over the action, which meant a peaceful night. There are three free internet access computers in the lobby. I'd easily go back.
Jul 25th, 2006, 06:32 AM
begbie

hi
try havgin a look at this link to get some more ideas of whats available. the site carries information about the hotels and their locations.
http://destinia.com/hotels/hotels--i...urope/28574/en
hope its of use to you

Jul 25th, 2006, 08:59 AM

I'd love to look in to this Palazzo Ravissa for my own trip to Italy next year - is there a web page I can visit for more info?

TIA!
Ahissa
Jul 26th, 2006, 11:04 AM

www.palazzoravissa.it

We also spent a few nights at the Borgo Grondaie, just outside the city walls, with a nice parking area. They have both hotel-style rooms and self-catering apartments. For city life, I would return anytime to the Palazzo Ravissa.
Jul 26th, 2006, 12:21 PM

A small correction: it's Palazzo Ravizza with two "z", not "s".

www.palazzoravizza.it
Aug 13th, 2006, 10:48 PM

We will also be in Siena in early June next year. This Palazzo Ravizza sounds great - we will not have a car, how far is the walk to town or how many klm. is it?
Sep 24th, 2006, 06:25 AM

We stayed at Palazzo Ravizza a few years ago, and it is the nicest place we have ever stayed. And the guormet dining room is delicious.
Sep 24th, 2006, 09:20 AM

Curlie,

Palazzo Ravissa is IN town.