Sicily - Rain in October

Search

Sicily - Rain in October

Search this Thread

Old May 2nd, 2009, 09:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sicily - Rain in October

I know that I can not change anything now, but I have to ask: we hate the hot weather and we do not like the rain during our vacation.
We book flights and hotels for our vacation in the first part of October. Now I learned that October has the most rains in the year.
Can somebody, who was in Sicily in October, tell me if it is really so bad? We are not interested in beach. How is the rain there - long, strong, with wind, daily?

Thank you.
Old May 2nd, 2009, 09:21 AM

I was in Sicily for 2 weeks in October 2005. The first week was OK but the second week it rained a lot, certainly every day for quite long stretches. I had intended to spend the second week in Taormina and Etna, but never saw the volcano, the whole time it was covered with cloud and no trips were possible. I saw Syracusa and Catania likewise in the rain. However, when telling someone about this, she said that the whole time the weather had been good in Palermo and I wish I had done my trip the other way round. Moral of story: if it's raining in one place move to another and it will be OK.
Old May 2nd, 2009, 09:25 AM

This may help. It sems that Oct has 3.7" of rain--that is a good share of their annual.
Good luck !
http://www.weatherbase.com/weather/w...?s=6461&refer=
Old May 2nd, 2009, 11:13 AM
Original Poster

Thank you, Gertie and Bob.
I can not move from one place to another depending on weather, as I booked the hotels/
I hope to be lucky enough (in general I am very lucky with the weather in vacations). As I can not change the weather, I'll at least try to make two sets of plans (for good weather and for rain).