Reload this Page >

Sicily or Sardinia

Search

Sicily or Sardinia

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 06:44 PM
Diana

Sicily or Sardinia

We have three weeks for the honeymoon. I am thinking of a few days in Naples, a week on the Amalfi coast and the remainder either Sicily or Sardinia. Can't decide which of the islands to pick!!! My preferences are great food (I know we can't miss with either) and beaches. Which do you prefer? Why? Thanks!

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 08:34 AM
GAC

Sardinia has better beaches. Sicily has much more art, architecture, museums, churches and Greek/Roman ruins. If you've been to neither, I would go first to Sicily.

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 09:09 AM
beth

I've never been to Sicily, but I was in Sardinia last summer; great food and great beaches. I liked the hotel sporting in Porto Rotunda.

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 11:04 AM
Diana

Thanks for your feedback. I think we may go to Sardinia, I am really starved for beach weather (we live in San Francisco). But please keep those suggestions coming about Sardinia!

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 12:02 PM
Church Lady

topping for demi....

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 01:32 PM
GAC

The most spectacular beaches are found around the Costa Smeralda, where some of the hotels have exorbitant rates ($1,500 per day). Other great areas are: in the South, Forte Village (Santa Margherita di Pula) and Chia Laguna. In the Northwest, Alghero and the Porto Conte area. On the Eastern Coast: Cala Gonone In the Southwest: Coast Rei and Villasimius. On the Northern Coast: Castelsardo. If you indicate your daily budget, I could recommend specific hotels. Are you planning on taking the overnight ferry from Naples to Cagliari or from Naples to Palau (near Costa Smeralda).

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 04:56 PM
richard j vicek

Good evening, Diana A lot of beaches<BR>in Sicily are pebble, however there are<BR>some good sand beaches, near Siracusa,<BR>Cefalu and Mondello, look into Sicily<BR>a little bit more, would not miss it.<BR>have been to the island about five times<BR>but only around it once. Loved it.<BR>Richard of LaGrange Park, Il.<BR>If you want some Sicily urls to check<BR>drop me a line and will send you the<BR>list.....The Sicilian pantry is stocked<BR>by quite a few different crusines.<BR>Arabic, French, Italian and many others,<BR>excellant fish,fruits and most important<BR>desserts... rjv