Reload this Page >

Sicily-May or June??

Search

Sicily-May or June??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27th, 2002, 05:39 AM
Jean

Sicily-May or June??

We have our 25th wedding anniversary coming up the last weekend of May. To celebrate, we are looking at 8-10 days in Sicily and maybe the Aeolian Islands......just starting to plan.<BR><BR>A couple of questions:<BR><BR>We live in France and there are a lot of holiday days in May, but early in the month(so we could bridge from the 1st to the 12th for instance. Any opinions about whether it would be more fun to be in Sicily early May versus early or mid-June?? I would like to get nice weather and ideally to swim, so from the postings, June sounds more promising. Also, while it would nice not to be be in the middle of tourist season-I would like to have restaurants etc open. Would that be a problem in May?<BR><BR>Also, has anyone stayed at Atelier sul Mare Hotel?

Old Jan 27th, 2002, 05:51 AM
Arlene

Hi! Would you please tell me the exact dates of the early May holidays this year? I would appreciate it since we will be in Nice May 3-10 and in Aix May 10-16. Would you know what is closed when? Merci!

Old Jan 27th, 2002, 06:49 AM
Jean

Arlene:<BR><BR>The May holidays are the 1st(Weds), the 8TH and 9th (Weds, Thursday) and the 20th (Monday). At any rate, these are the days for my corporate holidays. In my experience, most people bridge the 1st through 11th-those are the busiest dates.<BR><BR>Anybody-help on Sicily??

Old Jan 27th, 2002, 07:08 AM
xx

Old Jan 27th, 2002, 07:09 AM
micia

Jean: If you really want to swim, go in June. Things are open and I have never seen anything overrun with tourists. Of course, living in France, I assume you are use to swimming in water that really never gets to warm so May can likely be good for you too.<BR>One thing I would consider, is in May the kids are still in school. You say if you go in June it will be midway and they will be out, this means more people at the beaches.<BR>Also, another good thing, is May is generally not as hot as June.<BR>Hope you have a great 25th!

Old Jan 27th, 2002, 08:56 PM
Dodin

The weather in May in Sicily is beautiful, but If you really want to swim, come in June. You will not be in the middle of the tourist season. We are a French Italian couple, we run in SICILY a SCIACCA TERME<BR> in the middle of the ancient Greek temples itinerary our self catering accommodation,<BR>(fully equipped, 1 or 2 bedrooms, kitchen, bathroom, lounge, and patio or garden)<BR>situated in an old farm house recently restored and converted, 1 mile from town <BR>center, 2 miles from the sea, <BR>We speak English and french. Please visit our site:<BR> http://verdetecnica.tripod.com <BR>http://membres.tripod.fr.verdetecnica

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 01:49 AM
m&m

No avertising please.<BR>Dodin you been told before about those rules.