Sicily in February?

Old Jun 30th, 2022, 09:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sicily in February?

Hello, we are thinking of going to Sicily in February 2023. I'm wondering if that would be comfortable "sweater weather" or uncomfortably cold. Accuweather tells me that the low and high in Palermo in February is about 44 F - 54 F. February is also the coldest month for Sicily.

I've gone to Rome in January years ago and it was great--not many tourists, bright sun, most restaurants and all sites were open. Perhaps that would be the case for Palermo and medium-size cities such as Cefalu. I would guess that smaller places in Sicily like Taormina might have few restaurants open (we were there in late November, perfect for visiting the ruins but not many restaurants open).

Your impressions are most welcome, thanks.
Old Jul 16th, 2022, 01:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We spent the month of February in Palermo in 2017 and found the weather to be pretty enjoyable. We travel only with carry-on luggage, washing as we go, so our choice of clothing is pretty important. I donít pack sweaters due to the bulk, and I probably brought three long sleeve cotton tops, five 3/4 length tops and two short sleeved tops. All of them would have been considered light to medium weight. I also bring my packable down puffy jacket, which is very thin and light weight but easily handles wind and temps into the 30s F. The evenings were sometimes chilly enough that you could see your breath, but I doubt I ever zipped up my jacket. The days were mostly sunny and we were lucky to have some temps in the 60s, which didnít require a jacket if we were just making a quick run to the store or something. We had a rooftop patio at our AirBnB, and we were able to use it for at least a short period more days than not, which surprised us.

Last edited by HappyTrails2; Jul 16th, 2022 at 01:16 PM.