Reload this Page >

Sicily in April??

Search

Sicily in April??

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18th, 2001, 04:26 AM
travelers

Sicily in April??

We are hoping to go to Sicily over the April holiday. Any info on where to go, where not to go, hotels, etc.?

Old Dec 18th, 2001, 05:44 PM
ricahrd j vicek

Good evening, If I had a e mail address<BR>would sent you a large number of web<BR>sites to surf and answer any questions<BR>you may have, have been into Sicily<BR>about 5 times, once around the island<BR>and the remainder in the Palermo Area.<BR>Richard of LaGrange Park, Il...

Old Dec 18th, 2001, 11:10 PM
Gar

hi there,<BR>try not to go at the easter holidays. All places are crowded, hotels are overbooked, trains are full ...

Old Dec 19th, 2001, 08:02 PM
Dodin

The island is full of interesting places<BR>to visit:Taormina, Siracusa, Agrigento, Selinonte, Erice, Monreale, Palerme, Piazza Armerina, etc. <BR>We are a French Italian couple, we run in SICILY a SCIACCA TERME<BR> in the middle of the ancient Greek temples itinerary our self catering accommodation,<BR>(fully equipped, 1 or 2 bedrooms, kitchen, bathroom, lounge, and patio or garden)<BR>situated in an old farm house recently restored and converted, 1 mile from town <BR>center, 2 miles from the sea, <BR>We speak English and french. Please visit our site:<BR> http://verdetecnica.tripod.com <BR>http://membres.tripod.fr.verdetecnica

Old Dec 20th, 2001, 06:57 AM
Angela

My husband and I are planning another trip to Italy/Sicily in September and wondered if anyone has stayed at the above posters farm house, Verdetecnica in Sciacca, Sicily. I've looked at the website (looks quite charming), but would like some comments from anyone whose been there. Thanks in advance for any help!

Old Dec 20th, 2001, 11:12 AM
Davidx

I ma sending you some notes by e-mail.

Old Dec 20th, 2001, 11:22 AM
Davidx

I tried but it would not accept your e-mail address. If you e-mail me I will reply with my notes as an attachment. Sorry - David

Old Feb 16th, 2002, 06:14 AM
topping

topping

Old Feb 16th, 2002, 07:16 AM
Carol

I WAS planning to go to sicily for about 2 weeks including the sweek before Easter. I changed my mind because I'm afraid to drive in Italy and it would've been too difficult to get around to the places I wanted to see by public transportation. I've been there 3 times, so I was not planning to just tour the "highlights" this time. Maybe it's crowded, , but I think it would be fascinating to be there (or parts of Greece or Spain) for the week preceeding Easter and Easter itself. If you're going there around Easter particularly because you're interested in the folk traditions and the holy Thursday and Good Friday processions and folkways, you may be interested in what I learned. The most interesting pre-Easter celebrations may be in Enna (Good Friday), Trapani (Thursday before Easter, I think) and Piana degli Albanesi (did not look into this, but I gues maybe Good Friday). If that's your special interest for this trip, post a link here, and I can give you some leads to further info.