Should we see Rome, Venice or Florence??

Apr 15th, 2001, 04:49 AM
Alan Macintosh

Should we see Rome, Venice or Florence??

Tough choice, I know. We will be splitting our time in half - 3 nights in Capri or Anacapri and 3 nights either in Rome, Venice or Florence. We thought we would do Rome, however are a little put off with the hotel prices. How do Florence and Venice compare as far as things to see and do and pricing?

Apr 15th, 2001, 05:08 AM
Carol

Tough choice, all right! But if for logistics and nothing else, I'd say do Rome. There are hotels in all categories there, so price shouldn't be too much of a factor. We stayed at the Duca D'Alba for about $100 night/double and while nothing fancy, they are in a good location and are run by nice people. There is no lack of things to do in Rome, that's for sure. In three days, you'll barely scratch the surface. Have fun whatever you decide!

Apr 15th, 2001, 05:44 AM
m

all places are great. hotel prices probably are worse in Venice. if you have never been to Rome, i suggest going there. art and history everywhere you turn. and it is closest to capri. 3 days in any of these places isn't a lot so you might as well minimize the traveling.

Apr 15th, 2001, 05:56 AM
sally

I agree; Venice is my personal favorite, but Rome is fabulous, too, and makes sense due to logistics. Save Venice and Florence for another trip.. Try to see the Borghese Museum in Rome--it is incredible. You must book reser- vations for it ahead, but your hotel concierge can do that for you.

Apr 15th, 2001, 07:03 AM
Patrick

Another vote for Rome. It's easier to get to, has good and atmospheric hotels that are generally less expensive than Venice, and it at least touches on all there is to do in Italy -- history, architecture, art, religion, food and wine, shopping, and general Italian ambiance!