We are staying in Sant'Agnello (outside Sorrento) as a base in mid August and plan a trip to Pompeii on one of the days.
I know it's approx half an hour on train from Sant'Agnello so I intended on getting there ourselves and downloading some guides beforehand to listen to as we go around, however I am now wondering should we hire a guide? If so how much would it be? Can I arrange to just meet one at the site (I don't want to be arranging and paying fro pick-up from hotel when the train is handy and cheap) I have read some people on here saying they regret not getting a guide?
Also are we best to go very early before it gets very hot or would late afternoon be better?
Is Vesuvius a must? Did many of you do it on the same day?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London vacation rental agency
- 2 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 3 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 4 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 5 Greece during Easter week or August
- 6 Iceland driving in March
- 7 Northern Spain road trip
- 8 Manchester Christmas Markets 2017
- 9 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 10 Help with Spain itinerary
- 11 My France Vacation
- 12 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 13 Must See/Do/Eat in Vienna?
- 14 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 15 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 16 Where to stay in Naples?
- 17 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 18 Driving
- 19 Malaga Christmas lights
- 20 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 21 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 22 Car hire from Venice to Croatia and bosnia
- 23 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 24 Provence and Cote de Azure
- 25 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.