Short layover CDG

Old Jul 4th, 2022, 10:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Short layover CDG

Air France departing Luxembourg 12/12/2022 @ 11:00 to CDG arriving at 12:00pm Terminal 2G. Connecting flight at 1310 out of Terminal 2E to Seattle. Is this enough time to make it through passport control and security? Thanks so much!
Old Jul 4th, 2022, 11:02 PM
mjs

You will go through passport control and security in Luxembourg but generally you will go through another level of passport control and security for flights from Europe to the USA. I believe you need to take a bus between your terminals. I think you would be lucky to make this connection and surprised that one hour is ok for a AF/Delta connection. This is on one ticket?
Old Jul 5th, 2022, 02:58 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
One ticket and you likely wonít make it but at least youíll be protected so theyíll put you on the next available flight. Separate tix and probably not a prayer. BUT your flight times are likely to be changed multiple times between now and then so it may not be an issue
Old Jul 5th, 2022, 05:58 AM

Doubt this trip is on separate tickets. Itís sold as a connection on AF website, so it should be fine otherwise they wouldnít sell it. Prob is earlier connection gave about 4 hrs at CDG & this one is slightly shorter than one would be comfortable with. There is a shuttle bus between the terminals.
I also doubt the flight times would change that much, weíre already in July, if it was a year out yeah maybe but IME as a long time FT of AF/KL, their flight times donít change that much & when they do, it by minutes.
As others have said, if the connection is missed theyíll have to reroute you or put you on next available flight of which the airline doesnít want to do either so itís in their best interest you make it.
Do you have status as Sky Priority does allow access to security line.
Old Jul 5th, 2022, 06:35 AM

According to this CDG guide from easyCDG,
https://easycdg.com/airport-guide/tr...s-terminal-2g/

You'll take a shorter and dedicated shuttle bus called "N2 shuttle" to 2F, then walk to 2E. Don't take the N1 shuttle, which makes a big loop and takes much longer.

And here is a CDG terminal map: https://www.parisaeroport.fr/en/pass.../terminals-map

Last edited by Reading54; Jul 5th, 2022 at 06:42 AM.
Old Jul 6th, 2022, 07:16 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mjs View Post
You will go through passport control and security in Luxembourg but generally you will go through another level of passport control and security for flights from Europe to the USA. I believe you need to take a bus between your terminals. I think you would be lucky to make this connection and surprised that one hour is ok for a AF/Delta connection. This is on one ticket?
Yes on one AF ticket.
Old Jul 6th, 2022, 07:21 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by balthy View Post
Doubt this trip is on separate tickets. Itís sold as a connection on AF website, so it should be fine otherwise they wouldnít sell it. Prob is earlier connection gave about 4 hrs at CDG & this one is slightly shorter than one would be comfortable with. There is a shuttle bus between the terminals.
I also doubt the flight times would change that much, weíre already in July, if it was a year out yeah maybe but IME as a long time FT of AF/KL, their flight times donít change that much & when they do, it by minutes.
As others have said, if the connection is missed theyíll have to reroute you or put you on next available flight of which the airline doesnít want to do either so itís in their best interest you make it.
Do you have status as Sky Priority does allow access to security line.
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply, I truly appreciate the feedback. I don't have status as Sky Priority but what I do have are long legs and determination!
Old Jul 6th, 2022, 07:25 PM
Original Poster

Originally Posted by janisj View Post
One ticket and you likely wonít make it but at least youíll be protected so theyíll put you on the next available flight. Separate tix and probably not a prayer. BUT your flight times are likely to be changed multiple times between now and then so it may not be an issue
Thank you so much for the reply. Fingers crossed flight times won't change multiple times as the seat assignment typically does too which is a real bummer. That happened last time on AF/Delta so I was hesitant to book with them again.
Old Jul 7th, 2022, 12:02 AM

Not sure why balthy thinks flight times are unlikely to change between now and December. That's almost 6 months out and currently every legacy airline is rescheduling and even canceling flights two weeks out, let alone 6 months. As they like to say on FlyerTalk, any schedule more than two or three weeks out is merely a "suggestion". They don't want to alter flight times but with severe staff shortages they really have little choice. I don't have specific AF examples, but BA has just announced over 1500 flight cancellations between now an the end of August. AA, UA, LH, Delta have all made significant changes to upcoming schedules. The air travel landscape could be totally different in December.

that's not to say your flights are going to change, but in my own example - I'm currently in London and of my itinerary - 2 flights to get to LHR and 3 flights to get home - 3 have had time changes over the last five weeks. Now, one was only 5 minutes (and why that necessitated a panicky e-mail from the airline - who knows) but the other two were significant. One was almost two hours, and the other actually changed my connecting airport.

just to say, keep an eye on your flights because sometimes the airline doesn't notify of changes until closer to the dates.
Old Jul 7th, 2022, 01:45 AM

Balthy thinks they wonít change because Balthy is a long time ie several years platinum card holder with AF/KLM and from experience of booking their flights far in advance, the flight times donít change that much & when they do, itís not by much time, minutes. I donít care what Flyertalk says. I commuted on AF/KL for years. Even during COVID lockdown etc flight times were not getting changed, flights were being cancelled but changes to existing flight times were minutes. Same with BA, VS etc.

Janisj I understand you have such little experience you have to rely on Flyertalk for your information but I donít have to. One minute you complain that airlines donít inform flight time changes, the next youíre complaining that youíve got an email with a 5 min schedule change. How are you expecting systems to differentiate between sched change of hours vs those of minutes?

Last edited by balthy; Jul 7th, 2022 at 01:48 AM.
Old Jul 7th, 2022, 02:33 AM

No experience?? Yeh, right. Jerez Louise - why are you always so crabby? For the record, Iím platinum pro earned almost exclusively via transatlantic and intra-Europe flights.
Old Jul 7th, 2022, 02:38 AM

Oh BTW BA just announced a further 10,000 flight cancellations (I know thatís not AF)

Old Jul 7th, 2022, 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by mjs View Post

You will go through passport control at CDG since that is the point of departure from Schengen. There is always extra security for US flights so you will go through that too at CDG, as well as security in Luxembourg.
It all sounds a bit tight to me.

However lots can change between now and then regarding flights and timings.
What about getting a train to Paris the night before? Also better for the environment than a stupid one hour flight.
Old Jul 7th, 2022, 06:14 AM

Careful heti, posting that will only bring the wrath of balthy down upon you. To even hint things might change in the next 5+ months.
Old Jul 7th, 2022, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by Lakelly1963 View Post
Air France departing Luxembourg 12/12/2022 @ 11:00 to CDG arriving at 12:00pm Terminal 2G. Connecting flight at 1310 out of Terminal 2E to Seattle. Is this enough time to make it through passport control and security? Thanks so much!
You might make it because your flight from CDG to SEA will likely be delayed. I would not be comfortable with a 70 minute layover with a terminal change at CDG. 2-3 hours would be better. Their passport control is soooooooooooooooo sloooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwww... Like the sloths in Disney's Zootopia.