Reload this Page >

Shopping/last day fun in Covent Garden?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 11:41 AM
Jill

We'd like to spend our last afternoon in London in Covent Garden. We're mainly interested in shopping, places for a light snack or tea, etc... <BR><BR>I know of the Market area & the Piazza. I know there is a Lush store in the Piazza & a Peter Rabbit shop in the Market area. Both are on our list. Can anyone give me any tips on what else we might find here for our last day?<BR><BR>thank you!

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 11:54 AM
Joy

I, too, am interested in the same questions.............I know about Lush and are planning to stop there. But what is the Peter Rabbit? Joy

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 12:03 PM
Jil

Hi Joy:<BR><BR>Peter Rabbit and Friends Giftshoppe<BR>Unit 42<BR>The Market<BR>Covent Garden<BR>LONDON<BR>WC2E 8RF<BR>(0171 497 1777)<BR><BR>I heard about it from someone else on this forum & look forward to seeing what they have for a baby's nursery.<BR><BR>Jill

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 12:03 PM
dane

You'll find an 'A to Z' store directory along with many other things at<BR>www.coventgardenlife.com

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 12:30 PM
Gregory

Hi,<BR><BR>There is also the London Transport Museum in Covent Garden with I think old carridges used in the early days of the underground amongst other things

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 12:53 PM
kavey

When an American Fodorite came to visit recently we went to Camden Market and Covent Garden for the day.<BR><BR>She was particularly keen on the crafts stalls in the Camden Lock market area and also the huge shop selling imported Asian furniture and home items such as carvings and cushion covers.<BR><BR>At Covent Garden she liked LUSH and also the crockery shop in the central covered market building. I can't recall the name of the shop but its easy to find as there arent that many shops in that central market building. It sells both regular new ware as well as seconds and stocks most well known British marks. She was looking for an unusual teapot to add to her collection and was pleased with the Sherlock Holmes themed one we found.<BR><BR>For a tea or coffee break you could try Chez Gerard which is on the roof of the central market building.<BR><BR>Kavey

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 06:24 PM
Jil

Hi Joy:<BR><BR>Peter Rabbit and Friends Giftshoppe<BR>Unit 42<BR>The Market<BR>Covent Garden<BR>LONDON<BR>WC2E 8RF<BR>(0171 497 1777)<BR><BR>I heard about it from someone else on this forum & look forward to seeing what they have for a baby's nursery.<BR><BR>Jill

Old Mar 24th, 2002, 09:00 PM
Joy

Dane:<BR>Thank you for the Convent Garden's web address.......very helpful!<BR>Joy