Reload this Page >

Shopping in Paris

Search

Shopping in Paris

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 09:27 AM
Nancy

Shopping in Paris

I will be visiting Paris for the first time in Sept. 2002. I'm interested in purchasing some not super expensive clothing (i.e. no Chanel, etc.) while I'm there. Can anyone suggest a place to shop for clothing that might not be found in the U.S. (and would fit a petite size woman)? Or possibly suggest some interesting or off the beaten path stores?<BR>Thank you.

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 09:45 AM
c

Oh Boy- Nancy! -shopping in Paris, one of my favorite pastimes,besides eating~<BR>This is my list: APC General Store 4 rue de Fleurus, Left Bank,good streets are rue de Dragon-shoes,rue de Grennelle 7th-young hip designers,in the Marais rue des Francs-Boureois-clothes,gifts-open on Sundays,Veille du Temple, great shops,..Then we have the larger stores, where you can still get good things at good prices that you will not see walking around your town at home-Printemps,Galleries Lafayette, who makes things so simple by having a de-tax office in the store..and they give you 10%off with a card from your hotel..and they have good food/ lunch/tea shops.Samarataine and in the Marais are many interesting boutique and off the Blvd St Germain..Happy Shopping!C (do not forget-you must return home with a new French scent~)

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 10:38 AM
Michael kovach

Don't miss BHV, Bazzar Hotel de Ville. Handily located alongside the metro stop "hotel de ville" (city hall in case you don't know any french). In the basement is every imaginable bit of hardware. Some of the hinges are magnificent. Top floor has every interior decor item ever made from art deco sconces to "renaissance-esque" drawer pulls. I can spend days in BHV while my Paris novices are being frozen stiff atop the Eiffel tower. Through February is the open-air ice skating rink in front of the Hotel de Ville, across the street. You can't miss it.

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 01:44 PM
b

BHV has mediocre clothes, and, the immediate vicinity is tattered. C.'s suugestions are more on track.<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 01:58 PM
ci

"mediocre" means mediocre, ne prenez pas la peine, for you idiots who don't speak french.