Search

shoes to wear with crops

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27th, 2007, 02:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shoes to wear with crops

Hello,
I just realized that I had put this question on the Caribbean board by mistake.
I need suggestions on shoes to wear with the black crop pants that I will be taking to Italy. I have 2 pair of very comfortable black shoes( esp the Merrell primo patch that I wore to Paris in Dec), but neither look very good with the cropped pants. I know comfort is most important, but there must be something to wear that will look a bit better. Any suggestions?
Thanks!
L
Old Apr 27th, 2007, 02:30 PM

Heels and open toes.
Old Apr 27th, 2007, 02:39 PM

slip ons or mules. sandals. maybe loafers if they are dressy or cuffed crops. no socks.
Old Apr 27th, 2007, 02:43 PM
arbutusbeach

CROCS! LOL...

Old Apr 27th, 2007, 02:44 PM

Naot sandals --they are sturdy, stylish and very good for walking.
I wore mine all over Sicily and never had discomfort and they were very good on uneven surfaces.
Old Apr 27th, 2007, 02:57 PM

I have a pair of black flat loafers that I wear with black cropped pants. With the loafers, I wear those little peds nylon socks that don't come above the shoe - gives a bit of absorbancy and also keeps my feet from rubbing against the shoe. Comfy enough that I can wear them on my 2.5 mile walk to work.

I also wear sandals with the black pants - black slides with a low heel or a pair of black strappy sandals with a bit higher heel. I nix the strappy sandals in super hot weather though because they aren't comfortable then.
Old Apr 27th, 2007, 03:06 PM

Leilei,
I have been struggling with this very issue for our upcoming trip to Rome, the CT, and Venice. I found a pair of Mary Janes that are made by Aerosoles. They are as comfy as sneakers, but they're black and look OK, bordering on cute, with capris. I have slides and other black sandals, but I wanted something more sturdy and with a back for heavy duty touring.

I've also seen some cute Skechers mary janes that are similar.

Happy hunting!
H
Old Apr 27th, 2007, 03:13 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
ditto the Naot sandals recommendation. i have a very nice looking copper-y colored pair from last summer that are THE most comfortable I have ever worn. they look nice w/ capri pants.
Old Apr 27th, 2007, 03:16 PM

I also have the same prob! I have bought 2 pairs of pricey shoes in the last month that felt good in the store and looked good on. After a few miles of walking in them I knew I could not wear them in Italy. The only shoes I can walk miles and miles in are my Easy Spirits and my Reeboks and I have to wear socks, not peds. So I am going to be shameless and wear them this trip, I almost crippled myself on my last European jaunt by sacrificing style over comfort!
Old Apr 27th, 2007, 03:29 PM

I have "sensible" sandals that I wear with cropped pants when I travel. They have adjustable straps and I can walk all day in them. I have a couple of styles by Clarks that have been great. My feet stay cool and comfortable. Have fun!
Old Apr 27th, 2007, 03:56 PM

For Mexico this March, I bought a pair of Trotters black leather slip-ons with a little heel, cushioned for walking, not old-ladyish. I wore them with long skirts and crops. Made me feel a little spunkier in the evenings and they were a nice break from laces. I also have birkenstock-type & other type chunkier funkier comfort shoes for day treks. Bulkier yes, but worth packing.
Old Apr 27th, 2007, 05:54 PM

I found some nice Merrells the other day with a kind of wedge heel that gives one that extra bit of height that flatter the crops, but still are so comfortable - I found mine at a Bass Pro Shop and then saw them at TJMaxx for a bit less, check them out. I also jsut ordered my second pair of Crocs Athens sandals because I have not ever found any shoe to compare for comfort, and they will go w/me on my European trip this summer. have a great trip,
Leslie
Old Apr 27th, 2007, 06:12 PM

Why don't you wait and buy shoes in Italy? They you can find pratical, unique trendy shoes that will fit in AND you'll have an excuse to shop!
Old Apr 27th, 2007, 06:44 PM

For those of us who have very narrow feet (AAAA) and cannot find NAOTs, Merrells or Clarks to fit, check out WOLKY walking sandals - mine are wonderful - even my podiatrist loved them!!

Old Apr 27th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for all of the replies!
L
Old Apr 27th, 2007, 07:44 PM

FLJudi:

Which style did you buy? I looked on the web, but I can't find a narrow-AAA. Did you buy online?
Old Apr 27th, 2007, 07:46 PM

Hi FLJudi,

Hallelulia that you posted for us narrow-footed gals! I , too, have very narrow feet, and what works for others doesn't work for us.

I accidentally happened on a pair of Wolky sandals several years ago at TJMaxx, of all places, so didn't know what a gem I had found.

In the meantime, I had also bought other sandals such at Ecco, Mephisto, etc. and traveled to Europe with them. I came home with horrible plantar facscitis, which took over a year to get better. The Wolky's were by far the best for my feet, and were not only comfortable, but cute.

I have worn them out, and have tried to replace them. But they don't make that style anymore. I keep checking to see wif they are back, but so far, no. I love comfort, but also want style. The ones I had were the best of both. I wish Wolky's would get this.
Old Apr 28th, 2007, 07:45 AM

Has anyone tried the Croc sandals that have 2 relatively thin straps going across the foot? I'm looking for something to wear in both Paris and an African village. There are many choices for Africa since style is not an issue. However, limiting myself to a carry-on bag means 2 pairs of shoes max and I definitely want to wear a skirt or dress for evenings in Paris. Ideas?
Old Apr 28th, 2007, 07:48 AM
ira

>shoes to wear with crops

If you're going out into the fields, I suggest work boots.

Old Apr 28th, 2007, 08:14 AM

Have been breaking in my Sketcher Mary Janes which look good with crops and put them on the first time and wore for several hours of walking about with no socks and no blisters - am impressed. They will definitely be going to Europe in May!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -