Shelbourne Hotel Dublin

Aug 8th, 2001, 08:07 AM
Matt

Shelbourne Hotel Dublin

Does anyone know anything about the Shelbourne hotel? I got a low rate there for a couple night stay. I'm sure it is a basic room for the price. Are there any good restaurants/pubs in that area for a 30+ couple?

Aug 8th, 2001, 08:18 AM
sandy

Shelbourne is a wonderful hotel at a great location.
Restaurants abound in the area,the hotel restaurant is supposed to be great.

Aug 8th, 2001, 08:32 AM
Paul

Matt - the Shelbourne is in a great location right on Stephen's Green. Try and get a room at the front so you overlook the green itself. It is right in the heart of Dublin, and convenient for all the best pubs and restaurants. Anywhere where you'd want to eat/drink in the city centre is within a 10 minute walk.

Aug 8th, 2001, 08:34 AM
Maeve

Shelbourne is a wonderful hotel just off Stephen's Green, close to great shopping, Temple Bar for night life and restaurants, museums and galleries theatres and concert hall for culture. Couldn't do better.

Aug 8th, 2001, 08:48 AM
lucky

Matt, I spent 3 nights at the Shelbourne Hotel in April of this year. It is actually listed in the American Express Fine Hotels, Resorts, and Spas publication. It is arguably an older hotel, quite elegant, very good restaurants, the famous Horseshoe Bar...it is in a great location directly across the street from St. Stephens Green, which is to Dublin, what Central Park is to NYC. Also, It is within an easy 5 minute or so walk to Grafton St, Temple Bar,..or Trinity College. I will definately stay there again when I return to Dublin. I did not have a particularly great rate..think I was around 190 (punts)..another remeberance was the staff. I think I have stayed at many of the reknowned luxury hotels in the States and Europe, and I beleive I have never received better service from more friendly and accomodating a staff as I experienced at the Shelbourne. They were great. Just remember to look to your right first and not left first before stepping off the curb.

Aug 8th, 2001, 08:53 AM
lucky

also..there are not a shortage of pubs anywhere ..regardless of which direction you walk from the hotel. One great restaurant that I recall and for some reason kept a card on was called Fitzers and was located @ 40 Temple Bar Square. They were quite busy at night so I would suggest a reservation. Although I have not seen their website it is listed as www. fitzers.ie