Seville to Lisbon Train?

Sep 6th, 2001, 04:06 AM
rd

Seville to Lisbon Train?

I'm going to be travelling around Andalucia, stopping at Cordoba, Granada, and Seville, in order. Then I want to go to Lisbon. The RENFE website doesn't seem to list any direct trains from Seville to Lisbon. How can I best get there without going back through Madrid?

Sep 6th, 2001, 04:18 AM
Pedro

Unfortunately despite being so close each other, these two cities seem to be situated in worlds apart,not existing any direct flight or train between them. What I know is that there is a direct bus connection, and also the option of going by bus to Faro from Sevilla and do Faro-Lisbon by air, train or bus.

Sep 6th, 2001, 02:38 PM
rd

Thanks, Pedro

Do you know how long a bus trip it is to Lisbon? Seems like a long way.

Sep 6th, 2001, 03:07 PM
Pedro

Casal buses depart from Estacion de Autobuses Plaza de Armas in Sevilla taking the shortest way to Lisbon ( via Aracena ) and may take around six hours to get there.

Agobe buses that depart from Almuņecar stop at Sevilla where you can get on and get off in Lisbon seven hours and half later, taking this one the Algarve route, much longer.

Sep 7th, 2001, 03:05 AM
rd

Thanks again. Guess I'll go with the direct bus. I'm taking a Spanish language refresher course in preparation for my trip. I've been to Madrid a couple of times, but not to Andalucia.