Reload this Page >

Seville - Santa Justa train station

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 09:26 AM
paul

Does any one know how far away the Santa Justa train station is from the city centre (e.g. the Alcazar/Cathedral area)? Thanks.

Old Jun 25th, 2002, 09:59 PM
Chad

Not far, at all. If I remember correctly, less than ten minutes by cab.

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 05:25 AM
shirley

Is Santa Justa where you would pick up your rental car when you're ready to leave Seville?

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 05:47 AM
Shirley

Shirley,<BR><BR>We had picked up our rental at the Santa <BR>Justa train station. (We booked through Auto Europe, which used Avis as the rental company.)<BR><BR>Driving out of the train station onto the major highways was very easy. I specifically requested the train station location at time of booking for that reason.<BR><BR> The only problem we encountered was that there was some minor body damage to the car and we had to walk back into the station to have it noted on the agreement. (There was no represenatative in the car lot.) No big deal.<BR><BR>Do remember--whereever you are in southern Spain, keep your doors locked at all times, leave no valuables in view, and don't open your car window or door to anyone unless it is a police officer.<BR><BR>There is a lot of crime in that area due to the high unemployment rate.<BR><BR>We took a small steering wheel club to use on the car as a "visual" deterrent.

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 06:51 AM
Steph

Do be sure to check over your rental car and make them note any small scratches, etc. We picked up our car in Malaga (Europecar booked through Auto Europe). We did not throughly inspect the car and it apparently had a couple surface scratches - I probably would not have reported them even if we had noticed them in that I would consider them "normal wear and tear". When we turned in the car in Seville they charged us $216 for the scratches. We filled out a complaint form before we left but did not hear anything back. I am currently waiting to hear back from their corporate office that will investigate the dispute. It is very curious that the amount that they pre-authorized on my credit card is the very amount that they charged which included the damage - I guess the knew ahead of time how much the damage would be!!